62

A/N: 8 Chapters left! Medyo magru-rush na tayo dito. Sorry dahil hindi ako nakakapag-update kaagad. Your comments, votes and reads are well appreciated and motivates me to continue writing. Thank you all!

•••

Kat: Jia! Thank God at sumagot ka sa call!

I nearly jumped at hearing Kat talking loud on the phone. Hindi ko alam kung bakit sa tumawag pero dama ko 'yung pag-aalala sa boses niya.

Jia: Hey, Kat! Anong meron?

Kat: I don't know how to explain this, Ji. You need to come here sa hospital right now.

Jia: Can you tell me what happened?

Kat: I-It's Bea.

Bigla na lang ako nanghina at napaupo. My face fell and my sisters were looking at me, nag-aalala na din sila.

Jia: W-Why...

Kat: Pupunta ata siya sa inyo kanina kaso nadamay siya sa isang multi-vehicular accident.

The line became silent and I was at a loss for words.

Kat: She's in... coma.

That's when my tears started to fall, then a news flashed on our TV screen about a recent carnage that happened. I couldn't bring myself to look because I know she is one of the victims.

She was one of those identified to be injured from that accident, newscasters showed a list of names including those who died.

"Ate..." Jobok tried to calm me down by giving a glass of water.

Jia: P-Pupunta ako mamaya, Kat.

Kat: Under heavy observation siya, Jia. We'll see you later. Be strong.

Jia: Thanks, Kat.

I began crying harder when our call ended, napahiga ako sa sofa while clinging on to the mini pillow. My family came in time to comfort me, all of us were surprised and sad.

Aside from that, I felt scared.

Naalala ko yung gabing tinanong ko siya about sa dalawang pictures, how she responded. I didn't plan to find out by myself but I did. I confronted Maddie at Kat the morning after and they told me the truth.

All this time I've been loving someone who is living with selective amnesia.

It's hard for me to accept and it took time to swallow that truth. Since I found out, I became more needy and clingy with her because of fear. I feared that one day she might remember who her true love was and take me out of the picture.

As selfish as it sounds, pinagdasal ko na hindi siya maaksidente para hindi bumalik ang alaala niya. Takot na takot akong mawala siya sa akin sa isang iglap. I don't want to lose Bea at all. I love her so much.

But the accident happened and she's in coma right now. There's a chance of her memory coming back after she wakes up. By then, I won't be existing anymore and I will become a stranger to her. Heck, magtataka pa 'yon kung bakit may engagement ring kaming dalawa.