46.

𝗟𝗮𝘁𝗲 𝗔𝘂𝗴𝘂𝘀𝘁 𝟭𝟵𝟴𝟱

Billy had signed the papers selling the house since Neil left the house to Billy as it was stated on his will; once he set the pen down, the house was no longer theirs.

With the money from the house and a little that Neil left on his will for his two children, they were able to find an affordable house in the only place they could in Hawkins, Forest Hills Trailer Park.

Susan left some money to Max, but she couldn't use it until she turned 18.

The small place wasn't that bad; they were able to still have their own room no one had to share, which Olivia was happy about.

The house where they had moved into not too long ago was now empty; a few boxes still needed to be put in Billy's car.

They were almost ready to leave behind the house and the old memories, a few good ones like when she had her first kiss with Steve and bad ones like when her father dragged her to his room.

She wanted to make new ones in the trailer, hopefully happy ones.

"Are these the last boxes," Steve asked, entering the house.

Steve had volunteered to help them pack everything. His parents were in town, which was rare for them, but he didn't want to be in the same place as them. They only fought, and it was awkward for him; he felt as if he didn't know his parents.

He had been at her house since early in the day. "Yeah, let me check my room, but I think that's all," she answered.

Steve picked up a box and set it on top of another one. "Careful with that, Harrington," Billy warned, picking up the last box.

Olivia came out of her bedroom and watched as both boys continued to argue.

Billy slightly pushed Steve while walking down the steps making him almost drop the boxes. Steve looked over his shoulder, glaring at Billy while Billy acted as if he didn't know who pushed him.

Olivia rolled her eyes and mumbled "boys."

Billy's car was full of their clothes. Whatever didn't fit, they put it in Steve's car. They drove to the trailer park.

Billy alone in the U-Haul had their mattress, sofa, fridge, and other big things that could not fit in their cars.

After a lot of going back and forth, Olivia took Billy's car. He was not happy about it. Max was in the passenger seat with her and Steve in his own car.

Once they arrived, they started to unpack their things.

Max quietly took her stuff to her room.

School was starting soon for both girls. Max was going in her first year of high school while Olivias was going to her last year.

Olivia was a little bit excited about finishing high school, but with moving and working, her mind was too occupied to get excited about school. Besides, she was unsure on what to do after graduation.

It was a big year in more ways that Olivia could even imagine. Things around her were changing rapidly, the only thing she could do was to adapt.

Her little sister was growing up way too fast. Olivia wanted to get closer to her for her to open up, but Max always shut her out. Olivia continued down the hall to her room carrying a box.

She set it on the ground. Her room was empty; it was smaller than her old room. "I'm going to help your brother carry the mattress to your room," Steve said, poking his head into her new bedroom. She nodded "thank you."