Dear Steve

Dear Steve,

You might not be as surprised to know that I wrote you a letter since the moment I met you back in the junkyard; you have been part of my life.

You told us to stay behind while you and Olivia went and fought the demodogs. You are the brother that I wish Billy could be. (Don't tell him, though, he might kill you, or he probably wouldn't even care.)

Anyways thank you for always looking out for me. Thank you for being there for us the last two years and more recently since you started dating Olivia.

I saw you around more often after December of 1984. I got used to having you around the house all the time, so it felt strange when you stopped having dinner with us.

I asked Olivia, and she told me you two were no longer together. I was mad with her because she got rid of you after everything that you have done for us and helped us after my mom died. But honestly, I can't say anything because I also pushed Lucas away.

What I hoped for you both is to get back together and for you to fight for her. She's a bit stubborn, but I think she's worth it.

Olivia is going to need you more than ever once I'm gone.

Once again, thanks for everything.

Love, Max

𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐍𝐨𝐭𝐞

𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚒𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚕𝚊𝚜𝚝 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚞𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚕 𝚂𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝟻 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚜 𝚘𝚞𝚝. 𝙻𝚎𝚝'𝚜 𝚑𝚘𝚙𝚎 𝙾𝚕𝚒𝚟𝚒𝚊 𝚑𝚊𝚜 𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚢 𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐, 𝚠𝚑𝚒𝚌𝚑 𝙸 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚔 𝚊𝚏𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚜𝚑𝚎'𝚜 𝚋𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑 𝚜𝚑𝚎 𝚍𝚎𝚜𝚎𝚛𝚟𝚎𝚜.