69.

The reason why Billy showed interest in becoming a police officer was because he wanted to protect his family.

His father had failed to do so, and now as the man of the house; it was his job.

That's the only good thing his old man taught him.

Family comes first.

When he first arrived in Hawkins, he thought that it would be just a boring town, but he quickly realized that Hawkins was far from it.

With all the supernatural shit going around, he needed to be prepared. But it didn't matter how prepared he was or how much experience he had with these monsters from another dimension; it still shocked him to see his younger sister sitting down crisscrossed in the attic of the monster who had cursed her.

Max's eyes were completely white and twitching; she was breathing heavily as well.

"What's taking them so long," asked Billy in an accusing tone, standing near Max.

"I don't know," Lucas responded, walking to the window signaling Erica with the flashlight, but she didn't respond.

Footsteps were approaching them.

Both boys turned around to the door, "Jason?"

A boy Billy didn't recognize entered the room wearing a basketball varsity jacket. By the way Lucas was looking at this Jason boy Billy assumed they knew each other.

"You can't be here right now, man," Lucas warned him.

Jason walked toward Max. "The hell have you done?"

"Don't take a step closer," Billy said.

It was as if Jason had just seen Billy; he slightly tripped on his step but caught himself in time.

"Jason. You need to leave." Jason ignored both boys and bent down next to Max, "Is this what you did to Chrissy?"

He placed his hand on Max's back as he said, "Hi. Can... Can you hear me?"

"Don't touch her," Billy and Lucas said in unison.

"I'm not messing around," Lucas added, walking toward Jason.

"I'm not repeating myself, get the fuck out," Billy said firmly. Jason looked up at Billy and then at Lucas.

He got up and quickly reached out for his gun, pointing it at Lucas.

"Hey, back up! Back up, not another step." As he pointed the gun at the young boy, his hands slightly shaken.

"Wa... Wait. W-We don't have to do this. We don't have to do this," Lucas said with a hint of fear in his voice.

As Lucas had his hands up and quickly glanced at Billy, who had also taken out his gun and was now pointing it at Jason.

"Drop your weapon," he said with power as he had done in training many times.

Hearing Billy's voice Jason glanced his way, "I knew the police of Hawkins were corrupt as well," he said as he had solved the greatest mystery.

"You have no idea what you're getting yourself into. I'll give you three seconds to leave."

Billy pulled the trigger "one" he started to count by the time he counted two; Jason had also pulled the trigger.

Lucas only watched in shock. He didn't want them dying.

He didn't like Billy, but he was Max's and Olivia's older brother, and he didn't know how he would explain if something happened to Billy, and he just stood there.