50.

𝗗𝗲𝗰𝗲𝗺𝗯𝗲𝗿 𝟭𝟵𝟴𝟱

For the last week or so, there was a particular thought in Olivia's mind that would just not go away.

Her mind was too clouded with her negative thoughts. They were too heavy. It was killing her mentally. They were getting the best of her.

Part of her thought that it was a good idea; she had convinced herself of that. She had to, or she would hate herself for the pain she would cause to the person that she loves the most.

Olivia always thought that it would be hard to break up with someone you once loved and seeing them be with someone else but in reality, at least for her, the hardest thing was to break up with your significant other that you still love. To let them go even though it hurts you to do so.

It was too quiet between them. They were walking next to each other.

They were going back to Olivia's place after being in the park nearby for the last hour.

She looked down at her feet as she kicked a few tiny rocks around, "I want to break up," she whispered, hoping that Steve could hear her so she wouldn't have to repeat herself.

She knew he heard her when he stopped walking abruptly "what," he asked, stopping her by holding her arm.

He moved in front of her to face her "hey, what's wrong," he said worried, holding her placing his hands on either side of her shoulders.

She forced herself to look at him in the eyes. It would break her even more, but it was only fair for her to feel the pain.

She was doing it; she had made up her mind even though it broke everything inside her.

"There's nothing wrong. I just want to break up."

He looked at her with a questionable look, "what changed from the 10 minutes when we were at the park," he questioned.

Things seemed alright not too long ago, and now all of the sudden, she wanted to end things.

"Steve, a lot of things have changed in the last couple of months. I'm so fucking stressed with school, Max, bills I have to pay, Billy is acting weirder than usual, and I don't know what to do with my future."

She took a step back from Steve, making his hands fall to the side.

"I can be there for you, Ollie. You know you don't have to do it on your own, whatever it is."

She closed her eyes, trying to hold back her tears, "I don't want you to."

She opened her eyes again, and the expression that Steve had on his face broke her even more.

The hurt in his eyes felt as if she was being stabbed again and again. It was for his own good she tried to remind herself.

She loved Steve a lot; she didn't want to bring him down with all of her troubles with all of her broken pieces.

Her life was messed up; her brother tried to hurt Steve multiple times. Her father killed many people during the summer, and her future was unclear.

She was unsure of what to do after high school. She had a lot on her mind; she didn't want to bring Steve down with her, besides who would want to be with someone like that?

Steve was the best person she ever met; he deserves to have someone way better than her.

"Am I not enough for you," he said quietly.

The words that Nancy told him at Tina's Halloween party echoed in his mind.

"Do you think our relationship is bullshit," he questioned, sounding hurt. He couldn't help but ask. Nancy had hurt him with her words. Could he have messed up another great thing in his life without even realizing it?