𝟎𝟎𝟗. the love-spells

❝It's just different where we're from

It's just different where we're from.

{THIRD PERSON POV}

Later that night, the Vks were in the kitchen. Mal had a bowl of mixed ingredients in front of her.

"Alright," Mal said, "It says that we need one tear and I never cry," she said as she looked down at her spell book.

"Let's just cut up some onions," Carlos suggested. He sat on top of the counter with Dude next to him.

"No," George told him, "It said we need one tear of human sadness and I've heard that this love potion gets the best reviews, so we have to follow it exactly." Mal nodded in agreement with him.

"A tear's a tear," Jay argued.

"That's not true, Jay," Evie told him, "They both have antibodies and enzymes but an emotional tear has more protein-based hormones than a reflex tear."

"Listen to you," Mal and George teased Evie.

"Yeah, I knew that," Jay lied. Carlos hit him on the arm.

"Did not," Carlos said.

"Yeah, I did," Jay argued.

Suddenly, the door opened and Lonnie and Anthony entered. George quickly covered the spell book with a napkin.

"There you are, Mal! I was looking for the two of you," Lonnie said, "You know, all girls want you to do their hair!"

Mal gave her a fake smile as she continued to mix.

"Midnight snack, huh?" Anthony asked as he looked down at the bowl, "Whatcha guys making?"

"Nothing special, just cookies," Mal lied.

Lonnie reached out, dipped her finger in the bowl and tasted it before anyone could stop her.

"No, no, no! Wait!" The Vks called out but it was already too late.

Anthony laughed a little as Lonnie looked at them, confused, "What? I'm not gonna double dip," The brown haired girl told them.

Evie looked nervous, "Feel... anything?"

"Yeah, like it might be missing something," George added as quickly as possible before Evie could blow their cover.

Jay walked over to Lonnie with a flirtatious smile, "Hey, there."

Lonnie looked at him, even more confused as Anthony awkwardly smiled at him, "Could use some chips," Lonnie suggested before walking over to the fridge.

"Chips?" Jay wondered as everyone let out a breath of relief.

"And those are?" Mal asked Lonnie.

"Chocolate chips," Anthony explained, "Just the most important food group," Lonnie picked a glass bowl filled with tiny chocolate pieces from the fridge and set it in front of George, "Wait, didn't your moms ever, like, make you guys chocolate chip cookies?" he asked them as Lonnie put a handful of it in the bowl Mal was mixing.

The Vks looked at him like they didn't understand what he meant.

"Like...when you're feeling sad and they're fresh from the oven," Lonnie explained, "with a big old glass of milk and she just makes you laugh and puts everything in perspective-"

All the Vks looked at her with a sad expression while George looked down sadly. Lonnie stopped when she saw the five descendant's sad looks.

"Why are you all looking at us like that?" Anthony asked them.

George shook his head, "It's just different where we're from."

Lonnie hesitated, "Yeah, We know. I just, you know, we thought... even villains love their kids," she stopped when she saw the Vk's faces, "Oh," Lonnie said quietly, "How awful," Lonnie continued as a tear slid down her face. Anthony slightly frowned, putting his hand over George's as he glanced at George and the other VK's faces. George looked up at Anthony, sadly smiling at him as Anthony looked at him with a concerned look but still smiled at him. Anthony squeezed George's hand, hoping it would at least George the comfort that he needs and he thinks it did as George smiled, almost in relief, from the squeeze.

Mal looked up and saw the tear. She quickly caught the tear from Lonnie's face and flicked it into the bowl, causing George and Anthony to pull out of their little world, pulling away from each other's hands and looking away, blushing, "Yeah, well, big bummer, but we have to get these in the oven. So, thank you so much for coming. Have a really, really good night. See you tomorrow!" she called out as she shoved Lonnie and Anthony out the door. George continued to mix for her.

"Evil dreams!" George called out.

"Good night!" Anthony and Lonnie called out as the two closed the door.

"Okay. Boys, cookie sheet," Mal ordered, "Evie, George, oven."

"Yes, ma'am!" The other four replied as they got to work.