𝟎𝟐𝟖. a talk with mad hatter's son

❝Me? Part of your solution? Nah

Me? Part of your solution? Nah. I don't need you, me and Uma are gonna get there on our own.

{THIRD PERSON POV}

While the Vks were planning, Ben and Anthony were standing against a pole, tied by a rope, next to each other. Since they've been there, they have not spoken a single word to one another, both lost in their own thoughts. Harry approached Anthony.

"Coochy, coochy, coo," Harry rubbed his hook on Anthony's chin. "How's it feel to be the king now, eh?" Harry asked Ben, looking at the young king.

 "How's it feel to be the king now, eh?" Harry asked Ben, looking at the young king

"Give it a rest, Harry," Uma said as she and Max approached Ben, Anthony and Harry.

"Give it a rest. We don't damage goods," Max told Harry.

"You two said, I can hook them," Harry said as he pointed his hook at Anthony and Ben.

"We said at noon," Uma told Harry.

Harry came up to Anthony and held his pocket watch, "20 more minutes."

Anthony glanced at the watch, "That says 11:30," Harry chuckled and then went to stand next to Max and Uma, who were both sitting in front of Anthony and Ben.

"You better hope your boyfriend and girlfriend come through," Max told Anthony and Ben.

"Well, I'm not sure if he's my boyfriend, anymore," Anthony responded.

"And she's not my girlfriend anymore," Ben responded. Max and Uma let out a chuckle.

"Leave us alone, Harry," Uma told Harry.

"Okay," Harry then approached Anthony, showed Anthony the watch again, "19 minutes to go now," And with that, he left.

"So, do I take the king or the adviser?" Uma asked Max.

"Hm, I'll take the adviser," Max answered. Uma stood united Ben from the ropes and took him to the other side of the ship.

"I get that you don't deserve this," Anthony told Max. Max just laughed.

"This?" Max asked as he chuckled, sarcastically, "My father was simply too mad to be living in Auradon. Instead of fleeing him to wonderland, your father decides to flee him to the Isle of the Lost with his son... me..." Max pointed to himself with a sarcastic smile, "So, don't pretend to look out for me because no one's looking out for me. It's just me," Max shrugged, "And Uma."

"So, this isn't Mad Hatter's or Ursula's plan?" Anthony asked, "Wasn't Uma wearing Ursula's necklace?"

"My dad cares for me but I'm not too sure about Uma, her mom constantly needs her for the night shifts and of course, Uma is my best friend, I obviously help her with it," Max told Anthony with a chuckle at the end.

"Ouch," Anthony said, sadly.

"I don't need your pity," Max told Anthony.

"No, you certainly don't," Anthony looked around the ship, "You're very resourceful," Anthony then looked back at Max, who was approaching him, "I don't see you tied up."

"So, let's trash talk, George," Max told Anthony, changing the subject.

"I'd rather talk about you," Anthony replied. No matter how hurt he is about George, there's nothing bad he can say about him because he loves him.

Max laughed, "Mm, funny and a gentleman. I really hope I don't have to feed you to the fishes."

"Well, you don't. Set me free and we'll go back together," Anthony told Max.

"Oh so now I get an invite?" Max asked, in fake surprise but then got serious, "Gee, I wonder why. When you brought George," Max rolled his eyes, "Mal, Evie, Jay, and Carlos to Auradon, that's as mad as I've ever been in my life. And trust me I've been plenty mad."

"I never thought of it like that before. That Ben and I could've hurt the people he didn't pick. The plan was to start with five kids and bring more people over. Guess we were busy being king and royal advisor," Anthony scoffed, "That sounds lame. I'm so sorry," Anthony told Max, "You're a leader, Max. So is Ben. Come to Auradon and be part of the solution."

"Me? Part of your solution? Nah. I don't need you, me and Uma are gonna get there on our own, Harry!" Max called out, "Let's see what Uma's necklace can do."

Anthony gulped as Max smirked at him.