Chapter 19:

A/N:
First of all, some of you keep nagging me to bring Hermione back. This is my story, and when the time comes, then it comes. I promise you she won't be dead forever. You just need to realize its my story, and that you can't control what I write. I tried to make humor out of it at first, but now it's getting annoying. I hope you enjoy this chappie❤️

Harry's POV (obviously):
I miss Hermione. Honestly I can't say that staying at Clair's home has made the hole fill, but it has helped me overcome the depression I've felt for the past months.
Clair stepped into my room, "Time for dinner!"

I obeyed and noisily walked down the stairs. Their grandmother greeted me with a smile and the scent of Shepherd's Pie, reminding me of home.
I wonder what I was going to say to the Dursleys, or the Weasleys for that matter.
I slept over a random Family's house that I barely know because I decided they were better than you?
No.
I'm going to call the Dursleys. I'm going back after today, but I need to tell them where I am. "May I use your telephone?" I asked politely.
"Why, sure!" Their grandmother said. "Such good manners," she murmured.
I ran over to their phone, and dialed the number. "Ugh."
"Vernon Dursley, how may I help you?"
"It's Harry."
"Where are you, boy?"
"I'm at a friend's. I'll probably be back by tonight. I'm sorry for the inconvenience." I laughed silently putting the phone away from my mouth.
"Alright, Petunia he's alive!" I hung up.
Clair was having a conversation with her grandmother and putting the pancakes on their dishes, and Tommy ran over to me.
"Good morning!" He smiled, but he looked really tired.
"Morning," I knelt down to his level, "How did you sleep?"
"I had one nightmare," he sighed.
"What was it about?" I asked concernedly.
"That you left, and Clair was crying, and it was terrible," he sadly looked at me.
"If it makes you feel better, I'm not leaving any time soon," I smiled. I lied, to a little child. He knows I need to get Hermione back, but what if I'm enjoying a new start? Should I just stop? I won't.
"Come sit next to me," I patted the seat for Tommy to sit on.
Clair put a load of food on my plate, including bacon, eggs, and a pancake. It looked like heaven, when I realized I was honestly really hungry.
"Morning sleepyhead, do you know you snore really loud, Harry?" Clair laughed.
I felt my face go hot, "Nope."
"Want to go into town today? I hear it's beautiful over at the lake." She looked as if she was imagining what it looked like.
"I would love too," I answered and looked at my food.
"I hear it's going to be good weather today," their grandmother pipes up.

I can't possible believe I love this family more than my own. I've gotten so comfortable here, and Clair is just so...nothing. Tommy is like a best friend to me, I'm enjoying the life here. I really like it. How kind have they been to me, and they've only known me for a couple of hours, or a day, who's counting.
Tommy brought his race cars to the table, and I suddenly saw packing boxes in the corner of their living room.
"Are you guys moving?" I asked, feeling disappointed.
"Back to the Wizarding world," Clair sighed.
Clair looked around my age, maybe a year younger. I'm going to at least admit it to myself...She's beautiful.
Her hair waves perfectly in front of her face, and her eyes are perfectly clear blue, and her freckles are outstanding. She smiles in a perfect way, and her teeth are white and straight.
I can't fall in love with her, I can't....But I was.
"Harry?" I heard Tommy's voice, but it sounded far away.
"Yeah?" I got out of my trance.
"Just making sure you're not dead," he smiled toothily.
I rolled my eyes and finished my bacon. I wasn't falling in love with Clair. I loved Hermione. Loved.
Clair smiled brightly throughout breakfast, I tried really hard not to get lost in her eyes, and I didn't fail. Sort of.

I ran upstairs and tried to clean up best I could. My glasses were suddenly foggy, and my shirt was wrinkled. I whipped it off and tried to straighten it out as best as best as I could with my hand, but I heard a creak open the door, and realized I forgot to lock the door.
"Oh-Harry, I'm so-," she was staring. Clair had just walked into the freaking bathroom.
"It's-it's fine," I laughed, and she awkwardly walked out.
"Dammit," I cursed and grabbed my shirt, feeling warm spread throughout my bady as I put it back on, I love that feeling.
I washed a stain off of my jeans, and fixed my hair, obviously not completely, because it was hopelessly messy, and grabbed my loose leather jacket I wore yesterday and put it on with difficulty.
"Ready!" Clair stepped into the hallway. She looked...whoa.
She had mascara on, complimenting her eyes amazingly, a light blue blouse on, and black jeans, like mine, but hers were skin-tight.
I smiled at her and said, "You look, amazing."
"Why, thank you!" She blushed pink on her pale skin. I grabbed her arm and we walked out of the house.
"Bye Tommy!" We yelled in unison.

We went first to the Exuberant Colors Museum in her town, and we laughed at all of the ridiculous paintings we just couldn't see anything in.
"I told the employee I saw a flamingo," she laughed hysterically, as did I.
"I told them it was a robot crab," I said, mixing in with our laughter.
We next went to this beautiful sight-seeing gathering. There are clubs for this stuff. She walked over to the first telescope machine, and she looked through it, she whispered,
"Am I supposed to see clouds, this is boring," she laughed quietly.
No one talked, no one. All they did was nod after they looked into the telescope, and they wrote notes, yech.
PShe mocked them by air-writing on an imaginary clipboard, and I laughed. Sky-watchers shot me disgusted looks, and Clair stuck her tongue out at them. I wrapped my arm around her, and winked at them. They were completely disgusted with us for "interrupting" their gathering.
I completely forgot all of my problems today, I didn't think about the Weasleys, or the Dursleys, or Hermione. Ignorance is bliss, as they say.
We walked to a bench nearby, and she seemed to look curious, she raised an eyebrow at me.
"So, Harry Potter, tell me your story," she said with confidence.
"What story?" I asked.
"You know, your story, why you came here, why you seem depressed, you know..." She implied.
"Oh, sure," it felt like a weight being lifted off of my chest. I told her everything I could tell her.
"I didn't, I'm so sorry," she frowned.
"I'm trying to find a way to get her back, I don't know if any way is going to work."
"Well, I'm in," she said in a factual tone.
"I don't-"
She kissed me, full on the lips. She kissed me, and I couldn't believe I was enjoying it, like really enjoying it. I pulled her closer to me, and felt her body heat on my chest. She pulled away, and smiled at me.
"You knew we had to know if we had feelings for each other. So, do we?" She asked.
"I-I, yeah."
"Me too," she said in relief. I brought her in for another kiss, and felt even better this time, I was relaxed.
(THIS IS NOT TURNING INTO A THEM FANFIC I FREAKIN PROMISE OKAY)
She blushed, but she was smiling wide. I felt as happy as could be, and I love her.
(HE DOESNT OKAY)
"What about more, eh?" I laughed. She nodded eagerly and kissed me.

We snogged for, let's say, about two hours. Of course we stopped to breathe, but we're now officially together, which I'm very happy about. I finally get to just, move on for a while. I'm still going to save Hermione, but I don't know how I'm going to break the news. I still love her, a lot. I need to decide, which might take me a while. Clair made it official she wanted to join, so I was letting her.
We walked hand-in-hand downtown, talking about our personal lives and things on that topic. I realized, I don't even know her last name.

"Don't you think it's about time I learn your last name?" I laughed.
"Yeah, you're right," she laughed back. "It's Smith, of you wanted to know."
"Nice," I said in a cool tone.
I kissed her cheek and felt so happy with my life, we ended up going to a Chinese Food place on the corner, and ate quickly to get home.

"Should we tell them?" I asked.
"Totally! They'll be so excited!" She smiled, and I thought how happy little Tommy would be if we told him.
The past day, I got a new girlfriend, and I met her too. Hm, I don't know. I trusted her, and I hope she trusts me.
"Alright," We walked up to the house. "Ready?"
"Of course!" She said in an utmost excited tone.
"One, two, three..." I opened the door to their living room.
"Tommy! Grandmother! Come here!" I heard rushing footsteps into the room.
"Yes darling?"
"Harry and I, we're together." Little Tommy screamed in joy.
READ
A/N: I wrote this quickly, and I PROMISE THIS ISNT TURNING INTO A THEM FANFIC SO PLEASE DONT STOP READING. If I hear one more comment about bringing Hermione back I might scream. Tell me other things about my story.
I'm so sorry this was short btw!!!😖😔😁
Anyways, next chapter will be WAY better. I solemnly swear.
K ly bai👅💓💦💨💥