Chapter 28:

Hermione squeezes my hand as we walk through Hogsmeade. "Feels like forever since I've been here!" Everyone nods and laughs as we walks towards Hogsmeade. I had just realized everybody literally looks like they've been through hell and back. Their faces are dirty, their hair is messed up, and they have bags under their eyes. I wonder how much joy people here will be to see us. We make it into the town and start to follow the harder stone path. The sun beats down on us, making it too hot to talk.

As we are all horrendously tired out from the longest car ride ever, we all just decided staying in one room would be fine. Although, all of them would sleep on the floor. The one Hermione, Ron, and I stayed in were only two-person beds...and hardly any of us here were dating. Only Hermione and I could sleep in the same bed, technically. We were all sweating once we opened the entrance to the way cooler Hogwarts castle. Everyone's spirits lifted as we immediately went to see the Headmaster. Besides being recognized by loads of people, we made it to the office smoothly. "Last time I was here it was Sherbet Lemon," I sighed. "Want to try?" Ron asked. "Yeah, probably a good idea."

It didn't open. But Minerva was soon opening the door to the study as we were trying to figure out the password. "Oh, Potter, you're back! And I see Ms. Granger is back as well!" Hermione's blushed and smiled. "What are we?" George, Ginny, Neville, and Luna said in unison. "Wait," Luna thought, "We...we left Draco out there!" Everyone looked around wide-eyed. "Darn it!" Ron laughed and said in a sarcastic tone. "Yeah..." I smiled and said, "I'm sure he's fine." Hermione looked at me with a pale expression. "You left him?" I laughed nervously and looked at McGonagall. "Oops?" She chuckled a but and smiled. "I'm sure he's fine, Potter. Come in!" She led everyone up the stony steps to the study.

As soon as I walked in I felt a sign of recognition. It looked still a lot like Dumbledore's, as she hadn't changed it much. She had only changed certain things like the desk and different potions ingredients lie on a separate table. I raised my eyebrows at them, but swayed my head and looked at Minerva. "Um...we found Hermione in America...in New York City." Minerva started laughing hysterically. "Are you serious? How was America?" I hesitated and looked at the others. "Hmm...how do I word this...Interesting, I suppose. There were rude people but different things than we see around London, like this drink place, sure we have at least one here too, but it's called...Sterbucks? Carbucks?" Hermione spoke up, "It was Starbucks, Harry." Everyone basically started teasing me after that. Hermione just laughed and kissed my cheek.

We talked a but more about America and the Muggles until we were all too exhausted to tell anymore. "Head to the guess room on the first floor," Minerva said clearly. "Thank you so much," I said with a smile. "Anytime, Potter," she smiled back as we all trudged out of the room. Once we got to the room, we realized we all smelt...really bad. "First thing tomorrow, everybody takes showers!" I laughed. Everyone agreed with a "Yes!" As we made comfortable sleeping arrangements.

Hermione's rolled into the bed next to me and whispered, "I'm so tired," and yawned. I put my hands around her waist and replied, "Me too." She abruptly crashed her lips to mine, but that didn't stop me from kissing her back. She moved her hands from my neck and to my hair. "Eurgh! Stop it, you two!" called Ron from not so far away from us on the floor. "In your private time for Merlin's sake!" I grabbed a pillow and threw it down on his face and put my head into the the mattress, coming out with a muffled, "Uggghhhh, shut up, Ron."

Hermione and I continued to snog until she started snoring, putting her head into my chest, I snuggled her really close. I then kissed her forehead, and lie my head on my pillow as I drift off.

"Whoa, your eyes are really green!" I hear Hermione's voice as I jolt awake. "Always have been, Hermione," I chuckled groggily. I heard snoring from across the room. "I mean in the daylight that just appeared..." She looked at them in awe. "Because I may or may not have tried to open your eyelids in an attempt to wake you up," she silently giggles. "Hermioneeeee," I shove her as she almost falls off the bed, hanging on by a foot. "Harry!" She whisper-yells. I laugh very audibly and hear the snoring stop and grunting start. "What have I done?" I say to myself as I help Hermione on the bed.

Everybody complains but gets up and eventually gets ready. I push them all to hurry their arses in and out of the bathroom whilst they are showering. "Don't take too long!" I shout into the fogged room. "Everyone here likes hot showers, right? Okay, good." When Hermione is about to go, I whine, "Can't I come in?" She laughs and whispers back, "When we're alone." I take the hint and wink at her as she walks in. Why are you accusing me of peeking? I didn't...! Anyway, I showered and then we all finished getting ready, and power-walked to the Great Hall for breakfast. Everyone searches for a Gryffindor row long enough to fit all of us on it, and sit down.

"Pass the marmalade?" I whisper to Ginny as I grab my toast. She nods and grabs the jar containing the orange substance. I put my hand on the jar and try to open it. I can't get the lid open, and Hermione, sitting next to me, notices. "Need help there, Harry?" She asks kindly. "If I can't do I'm sure you can-," she grabs the jar from me and quickly cracks it open. I look at her in awe as Ginny and George start snickering from behind me. I pout and shove Ginny into George, making her spill Pumpkin Juice on him. Hermione, Ron, and I laughed at them as Ginny blushes and uses a cloth on the table to clean up the mess. Ginny scowls at me as her ears turn red and she grabs a sausage.

I roll my eyes and spread the marmalade onto my toast. Hermione steals a piece of waffle from my plate. "Hey!" I scowl at her. "I-I'll make it up to you," she smiles and kisses me softly. "I guess you made it up," I pout and then quickly turn it to a smirk and kiss her again. Everyone slowly eats breakfast as we engross in conversations with fellow Gryffindors and with each other.

Once we're done, I quietly slip Hermione's ring off of her finger. Yeah, our wedding ring. I'm going to propose to her again, as we were supposed to get married about a year ago. (Yeah, it's been THAT long) She doesn't notice as we all head out to the Quidditch Pitch. "I'll watch!" Hermione begs as we walk onto the Pitch. Let's make this Proposal the most cliché and cheesy thing you've ever read. Don't cringe, that's just rude. I start talking to Luna and try to explain that Nargles couldn't possibly be real when we're interrupted by a screech. A screech of joy, from George Weasley. He had already ran onto the Pitch and took his broom into the air. Ron, Luna, and Neville followed. I stood next to Hermione. "You can go!" She said.

I looked at her with caring eyes and smirked, "Its fine." She brought her hand to close around mine when she gasped loudly. "What?" I asked. "The ring, it's gone!" She frowned. "Where could I have lost it? The car? During Apparition? That doesn't happen!" She sighs and looks at me. "Looking for this?" I laugh and pull the ring out of my pocket and get down on one knee. She laughed and shoved me so I fell completely on the ground. "I ruined it," she made an unsure face. "Proceed." I got up and dusted my jumper. "Well, before the bride interrupted..." I laughed. "Hey!" She giggled.

"Hermione Jean Granger, hoping this is the last time I'll ask you this question, hoping you with run away to New York with a serial killer again, will you marry me?"

She smiled like she's never done before, and her beautiful chocolate-brown eyes lit up like a Christmas tree.

"Well...I dunno...." She laughed and put her two fingers on her chin. "I'm joking! Yes, yes, yes!" I laughed and out the ring on her finger, hugging her like I would never let go.

"Now....where's it going to be?" Asked a familiar voice from behind me.

A/N: hope you've had a great week! Just a quick update, fortunately didn't take long for me to write, as it's basically a filler😂. But I can promise you next chapter IS NOT the wedding. That will be the infamous Chapter 30. Alright, ily guys!
Lead fishie isssss: NOBODY BC I CANT DECIDE FOR MY LIFE! Comment below and you'll maybe jut be lead fishie next chapter! Ilysm! Bye!💞