Chapter 24:

Harry's POV:
"Are you serious?" I laughed, taking her hand in mine. I felt at home, maybe even back to normal. I'm really proud of making this relationship go back to the start. I told her loads of stories from when I was gone. "You can't be serious!" Hermione giggled hysterically. I nodded, making sure she knew the story was true. This one was about the Dursleys, and living with the Weasleys. I should probably tell you how we got back to the point where we were the cutest couple in Hogwarts....so let's start.

"You left me!" I yelled at her in the room, making an echo. She looked at me sadly.
"Do you know how bad I wanted to see you? I couldn't, Harry!" She frowned.
"I went through all this trouble to come and save you, and what do I get? I get you being all changed and business and work lady!" I choked on my words.
"I WAS DEPRESSED, HARRY!" She shot. She started crying, tears streaming down her beautiful and freckled face.
"Hermione, I'm-,"
"No, Harry, you're not!" She sobbed. I felt guilt knot in my stomach. Ron looked at me with eyes that spoke 'What the bloody hell?' I swayed my head.
"All right, hear me out!" I said and made sure she heard. She nodded and wiped her eyes, making me feel even worse. I walked over to her, and went to reach for her hand, when she pulled away and ran out.
"What the hell did I just do?" Ron, Luna, Neville, Malfoy, Ginny, and George just stared at me with wide eyes and shook their heads. I trudged out of the room, others following, and hurried out of the lobby.

That was a total disaster, what was I to do then, right? I knew, though. I felt a certain pull that those things just needed to come out, I'm going to win her over. I'm just planning on how to do it. It wasn't just being so 'depressed,' that made me say those things. It was the aggravation, the changing, the Dean.....it didn't make any sense. It's sort of like she had this mapped out from the beginning. I couldn't believe Hermione knew anything like that, though.....but what if she did?

We stayed in a Hotel that stunk like someone died here. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if someone had! There was a café, but all they sold was alcohol. Muggle alcohol tasted terrible, like really bad. There just wasn't enough taste in it. FireWhiskey was ten times better than this cräp. I felt weird when I drank it, like sick. Ron was dared to taste it, I did it willingly.

(A/N break: this chapter won't be that long cuz I'm ending this at chapter 26 or 27 idk😖😊)

The atmosphere in New York was also very displeasing. The way that people are always smoking, selling drugs, and...other things. But there was also a lot of light in the Big Apple. There's things like Broadway, Food Carts, and much more. London is way better than this, though. Hermione was still working and meeting with Dean, I just needed to know how to stop it. I feel jealous after all of these months without her. One fatal day, I got her back.

I had a plan the entire time, and I knew she'd love it, because I know her. I was going to meet her at the bus stop so maybe I could just "talk to her." Oh, shut up, I had it all planned out. So, it worked, and I'll tell you exactly how it went.

I snuck around the corner to see the huge building Hermione worked in, and ran over to it. I hid behind the side, and listened to Dean and Hermione's conversation from the other side of the wall.
"I don't know, Dean."
"Please?"
"It just....I don't really like you in that way..."
"Oh, but that's not what I'm intending!" You better not be.
"Alright, I'll meet you at the Water Café...tonight."
"Great!" He walked off, as I heard pounding footsteps. Perfect.

I snuck around the corner to see Hermione limp out of the bus stop. She still looked severely ill and recovering even though she was released months ago. "Excuse me, Miss Sarah?" She turned to look at me, at first with a happy expression, then frustration. What I noticed was that she didn't look at me with disgust. "Please, go away, Harry..."
"Wait! Hear me out!" She turned back around. "I-I've got to get in....oh, fine." She walked with me behind the building. Her still trusting me was a miracle in itself. I still loved her, no matter how much she's hurt me. She was the one.

We made it behind the building when she did something I didn't expect. She hugged me. "You really don't know how much I missed you...you dork." She laughed into my shirt. "I can't be angry at you. I love you." I just couldn't believe her words. Forgiving me this easily? What was going on? I didn't want to question it, so I hugged her back. "Please, just explain everything to me...tonight. Near this café I heard about....it's called the Water Café?" She thought for a moment. "Yeah." The plan fell into place, and smoothly.

She kissed my cheek and squeezed my hand. She laughed to herself, probably because we're back together after everything we've been through. If we could get through this, we could get through anything. We talked behind the building for a while, and just about random things. I missed this...a lot more than I thought. I realize now how much I've actually been through to get to this point. In New York. Talking to Hermione behind her work building. Seeing her laugh again was a huge satisfaction, and I was happy with the world.

I returned to the hotel where Ron and everyone were waiting. Why were they here? All together? Usually, Ron and Ginny would go to Central Park...oh. They know what I did.
"What did you do?" Ginny smirked. "Oh, you all know me too well." I said in a sarcastic tone and laughed. "I've got her back. I think." They all smiled in sync. It was a bit creepy, actually. They asked me to tell them everything. I did, but I left out parts. I didn't want to tell them everything. They wanted to talk to Hermione, after all, they did come back to see her. "Alright. Tomorrow. I need tonight with her, please." They nodded and rolled their eyes.

We met at the water fall in Central Park. This place was the best out of all the places I've been to in this city. "So...where have you been staying?" She looked around and told me. "I've been staying at this rented apartment with Dean." She looked uncomfortable, probably because of her mention of Dean. "So do you and Dean....?" She widened her eyes. "No! Yuck...eww....No!" She laughed, causing me to laugh. "Good, " I sighed. "Are you, Harry Potter, jealous?" She gasps and laughs. I roll my eyes and smirk a little. It's literally like we're starting over.

The date was amazing. Literally nothing went wrong, which is when I felt normal set in. We could finally head back to Hogwarts, I'd ask her tomorrow. We walked to the restaurant, hands intertwined. We talk for a while, mostly about her adventures and her travel here. "Are you serious?" I laughed, taking her hand in mine. I felt at home, maybe even back to normal. I'm really proud of making this relationship go back to the start. I told her loads of stories from when I was gone. "You can't be serious!" Hermione giggled hysterically. I nodded, making sure she knew the story was true. This one was about the Dursleys, and living with the Weasleys. She doesn't really believe through all that...for her. "I just....I don't know."

That's when that letter with the knife at the bottom comes into the picture. It's then that I realize; Dean was trying to kill us. Dean was the 'safe guard' and he protected her...she didn't want us to know...and he wanted a chance with her, so he made us think if we came, then he would kill us. We need to get out of here. "Hermione, were you ever planning to leave here?" I asked. She swayed her head 'no.' "Why?" She asked whilst making a bewildered look. "No reason." We then moved on to the subject of our relationship. "I want to get back together, Harry. I really do." "Me too!" She smiled and started tearing up. "Amazing!" She kissed my cheek. I smiled and for a minute, felt flustered about the whole thing.

She smiled and said, "Dean, behind you, Harry." And she was right. I turned to see Dean holding a knife at my throat, in the middle of Central Park.
----
A/N: a little short? Idk. I'm so happy I updated! Lol. What about you guys? Like this chapter? Ily