Chapter 22:

A/N: alright, so I'm not sure what exactly this chapter will be, but I'm writing from the top of my head so let's just give it a try!😂💦

Harry's POV:
She couldn't have. It seemed impossible, but how did Malfoy know? I scared myself a bit, feeling like Hermione knew Clair, about everything, but what if she didn't? This was the reason I needed to find her, to get answers. I sighed and put a hand through my hair, Hermione must have went through a lot of trouble for getting me not to know about her not dying in the first place. Why? She might not love me anymore, but why hide this from me?

Ron was having a whispered conversation with Malfoy, and I saw Malfoy animatedly talking about the diary to Ron. I rolled my eyes as I saw Ron gasp and feel the diary, which looked a lot like Tom Riddle's. George and Ginny were laughing hysterically at something, and I felt miserable. We were going to find her, and we needed to plan.
"Guys!" I yelled. "We need to make a plan, we need to get to..." I looked through the file.
"New York." They all gasped. "Yeah, I know."
They all panicked, and started making suggestions, "ALRIGHT!" I yelled over their crazy suggestions. "I've got something. We're going to New York the muggle way."

I found out that there are plane tickets still available, for the next ride to New York, but the flight was tomorrow. I told them I'd be back, and I was going to steal plane tickets, easy way or the hard way. I needed to find transportation, either it be car or plane. I could rent something, maybe. Nah, stealing is better. I ran faster to the nearest city/town area, and saw a place named 'Sloppy Frank's Car Agency.' Road trip it is.

I walked inside, feeling warm air on my face and smelling car gas all over the place. A man, possibly Frank, whom the place was named after, walked over to me. He started laughing with raspy tone, probably at my appearance. He stared at me for a while, probably trying to see if this was a practical joke. I finally got fed up and said impatiently, "I need a rent car?" (This is how I say it where I live, DEAL WITH IT.) "Um, sure," he said, choking back a laugh. "Right here, actually."

He showed me a couple of the newest models he has, and I seemed to like only two of them. The Ford, I think it was called, and a Chevy. I asked him which he recommended, and all I got was a sarcastic, nasty answer, "Whichever you like better....I don't care..."
I scoffed and grabbed the keys to the Ford. I got in and realized something that's probably very important, I don't really know how to drive this thing. I sighed and mouthed the tiniest 'Thanks' to the man and drove away unsteadily out of the open garage. I looked out at the road and almost crashed into a fat woman with a purse the size of a teacup. I put my hand up in surrender, maybe I'm not that bad. I drove and drove, I hate this muggle driving device, I may know what it is from the Dursleys, but I pretend not to know. I don't know how exactly to drive this hunk of junk, but I bet we needed it. Get ready for the road trip.

I finally parked sideways into the forest trees. The smell of pine and dirt hit my nose and I sneezed. Ginny and Ron came running up to me. "What-," Ginny looked amazed at the object. "It's a car," I laughed. She stepped away as if it were some torture device, all the way back to camp. "You looked like you were having trouble," Ron said. I opened my mouth to speak when he started again, "Luckily, you have a best mate who took a muggle driving test last month.." I laughed. "You're not serious?" He nodded. I guess he was.

Later that night, Ron brought me out for a test drive in the car, and he was good. I stepped on to the pavement, feeling sort of lighthearted. I ran over the car, which had scratches on it already, and got in. I sat on the soft seat and looked through all of the buttons/controls there were. I never saw all of their actions, but I know some of them. I glared at the bright lights coming out of the buttons, and Ron was in the car. "Ready?"
I guess, I thought. Aloud, I said, "Yeah, let's do this."