4

Kenya Capri

"Goodnight" I said to Rubi as we gave each other a quick hug.

"You sure you're okay here by yourself?" She asked

"I'm fine. Marco is here and Steve is on his way to pick me up"

She nodded before giving me one last hug and rushing out. She had a dick appointment she needed to get to.

"Thirsty ass" I giggled before gathering my things and walking out my office. I checked my watch and seen it was almost 7:30pm.

I was definitely due for some food and a good ass night sleep.

Once on the elevator, I pulled out my phone and called Steve

"I'll be there in two minutes" He said as soon as he picked up

"Okay. I'll be in the parking garage"

"Is your security with you?"

"Yeah he should be down there" I muttered.

The elevator doors opened to reveal Rodney. He smirked as soon as he seen me.

"Ms. Capri" He greeted, "Never got the chance to tell you just how good you looked this morning"

I rolled my eyes and flashed my diamond ring.

"Baby? Who's that?" I heard Steve ask over the phone. I forgot he was there.

"Tamika's assistant" I told him

"That Rodney guy?"

"Yeah" I said quietly once the elevator reached the parking garage. I got out- immediately looking around for Marco, my security guard.

"You looking for your security guy? He left earlier. Apparently he had a family emergency. I saw him run out" Rodney said. I groaned but made a mental note to give Marco some time off.

"I'm almost there baby. Like 30 seconds away" Steve told me over the phone

"Just hurry please" I said as I looked over at Rodney who was now staring at me

I'm guessing the signal was bad because the call cut out. I was now alone with Rodney

"Where the hell are the other guards" I whispered to myself

"Home" I heard Rodney answer, "You stayed overtime so they left. Thought you had gone a long time ago"

"You're a fucking creep. You know that?"

"Wouldn't be if you just let me take you out on a date"

"I'm married" I exclaimed, "Get that through your thick ass skull"

"I can treat you better than those freaks can"

"Are you out your fucking mind? I said no. Don't make me call the police"

I looked to my left when I heard the sound of a car pulling in. Steve didn't hesitate to jump out the car as soon as he parked.

I expected him to walk to my side but he stormed right passed me, pushing Rodney down on the ground.

"You must not remember the last time we found out you were harassing her" He said through gritted teeth.

I remember...

It was eight months ago...

I entered the house that day with bloodshot eyes. I had been crying.