7

~Kenya Capri~

I tapped my desk nervously as I waited on Tamika to enter my office. It was time to renew our contract and I was breaking the news that I wanted to go separate ways.

I didn't know how she would react. But my family made some really good points. It's best if we just stop working together.

I heard a brief knock on my door before it opened, revealing a smiley Tamika.

"Hey girl" She cheesed with a manilla folder in her hands. I knew the contract laid in there. Too bad I'm not signing it.

"It's about that time" She said as she sat down,
"I already signed the contract. Just need your signature"

She tried handing me the folder but I lightly shook my head and gave her an apologetic look. Her smile dropped quickly.

"Kenya..." She trailed, "You gotta sign the contract"

"I think it's best we go our separate ways" I said quietly. Her face turned into more of a scowl than the previous confused frown.

"Where is this coming from?" She asked

"Rodney has been harassing me since we started working together. You say you reprimand him and stuff but you most likely don't. You beg me to let him stay, and you refused to help me out with the restraining order. Family or not- what he does is wrong and I'm no longer sparing your feelings. I liked you- literally thought you were the best business partner ever. I let you run over me and I refuse to be partners with someone who excuses harassment. I wish you and your business the very best- but you need to leave my building by Saturday. Neither you or him are allowed back here OR any of my other buildings" I finished and watched as her eyes began to get watery. This was not new- she did this when I first asked her to get
rid of Rodney.

Wow, she has been playing me and I was too dumb to see it.

"Please Kenn, our partnership made us two of the most powerful businesses out there!
My business is gonna fail without yours!"

"You were successful before me. I'm sure you'll be successful without me. I've hired people to come help you clear all your things out from the floors you guys occupied. They will be here tomorrow."

"Where will we go?" She questioned with tears still streaming down her face

"You have multiple buildings that span across 5 states. Don't act like I'm taking everything away from you"

"But your building- THIS BUILDING- is the biggest and it has the most resources a-and it sits perfectly between-"

"Please stop" I roll my eyes, "Again, it's not like I'm sitting here ruining your business. You were and are a successful woman with or without me. You don't need to be inside any of my establishments. I don't even know why I let you talk me into letting you move your office here" I chuckled briefly when I realized just how much I let this woman run over me, "You can leave and come back tomorrow to make sure the people move out your things. You have until Saturday so they can come everyday until that day to ensure everything is moved out. Though, Rodney is no longer allowed here as of today."

After a few more pitiful pleas and fake tears, she left and I decided to leave early.

Loki had decided to stay for a couple days so I got home expecting to see him- and I did- but I was also surprised to see all my partners there cooking dinner.

"Hi baby" Bucky grinned while jogging over to me and planting a light kiss on my head. He grabbed my hand and led me to the living room where Loki was sitting.

"Hello sister" He greeted, "How did it go?"

"Didn't renew the contract, didn't let her manipulate me, and she has to be out by Saturday"

Loki and Bucky clapped in celebration while I just rolled my eyes playfully and sat down.

"I'm proud of you baby" Bucky said. I thanked him and began watching the show Loki had put on.

I was glad that dilemma was behind me, but that relief didn't last long...

The next situation came, and it came fast.

_________________

Sorry for mistakes ❤️