25

Kenya Capri

I sighed once I walked in the door. I worked all day long. Hours upon hours of long ass meetings and fake smiling to potential clients.

I was beyond exhausted.

I just needed a nice, hot bubble bath and a good nights sleep.

Thor came to pick Ezra up early this morning. He and the rest thought it would be a good idea to let me have the weekend to myself.

It was so sweet, and I appreciated it.

Truth is, I was looking forward to some me time. I needed it.

I love my babies but kids are a handful.

The girls have started to play this little game where they scream and cry every time I put them down so I could go home.

They scream their little heads off.

Loki wonders if they know that I don't live in that house anymore- so they scream so I can't possibly leave.

I called it nonsense. They're only (a little over) 2 months old. They can't understand any of that.

Could they?

I mean, Ezra does cry whenever we leave from over there.

Maybe he just misses them? But...he sees them literally everyday.

I see the girls everyday.

Maybe I'm just overthinking.

I am overthinking...and I'm tired. Let me take this bath and go to sleep.

I made sure the door was locked and kicked off my shoes.

"Wednesday, can you turn the thermostat to 68 degrees please?" I asked.

"Yes Ms. Capri" I heard the A.I say.

I walked upstairs and set everything down. It didn't take long for me to do my nightly routine and take my bath.

Once out, I sung along to some music while putting on some lotion and slipping on my jammies.

My bed felt so good once I got comfortable in it. I knew I was gonna sleep good tonight.

I turned my lamp off and shifted around until I found a good sleeping position.

"Damnit" I sighed, getting up and rushing into the bathroom to grab my scarf and bonnet. I tied my hair up then hurried back to bed.

After shifting around in bed again, I got comfortable and started to slowly drift to sleep.

Unfortunately, that's when I heard a crash from downstairs.

"Intruder alert" Wednesday said as I heard my bedroom door lock. My heart rate started to speed up as I felt all the tiredness from my body start to drain away.

"Fuck fuck fuck" I mumbled while getting up and retrieving my purse from the dresser.

My first thought was to call Tony who was coincidentally calling me already.

"Kenya?" Tony said as soon as I answered, "I just got an alert from my phone. It says the window was broken"

"Someone broke in my house" I said quietly. I could hear footsteps walking up the stairs.

"We're on our way, okay?"

"Hurry" was all I could get out as heavy knocks pounded on my bedroom door.

I'm so happy Ezra wasn't here

Those knocks on the door turned into kicks real quick. Whoever was here was determined to get to me.

"Wednesday, do you have any safety protocols?" I asked

"I've alerted Mr. Stark and the local police station. I'm afraid that's the most I could do"

I sighed. I told Tony I didn't want my house to be fully starkarized. I thought just having the extra security cameras and stuff was enough.

Damn, what if Ezra was here? Maybe I am a bad mother.

"Kenya you still there?" I heard Tony say before my door was kicked open.

I couldn't believe my eyes

"What the fuck"

_______________

Sorry for mistakes ❤️

Any guesses on who it could be?