6

Kenya Capri

"Okay baby. We'll be back later" Steve called out from one of the cars. Tony rolled down the window to the other car and waved at me. I blew them a kiss and watched as they pulled off.

I wish they could have stayed with me- especially after the disappointing phone call I had with my lawyer- but they already stayed an extra two hours.

Once they were gone- I closed the door and turned around- almost having a fucking heart attack.

I screamed and fell to the ground as my smirking brother in law watched the entire thing.

"LOKI YOU ASSHOLE" I screamed at him. He laughed loudly but helped me up.

"Did Thor not tell you he was sending me over?"

"No! I thought your scrawny ass was in Norway. You know- watching over Asgard?"

"Valkyrie is taking care of that." He informed me. I nodded and walked passed him to go to the kitchen

"Aren't you supposed to be at work?" He asked while following me

"Aren't you supposed to be minding your own business?" I teased while digging in the fridge

"I think I'm gonna order breakfast. You want some?" I asked once concluding I wanted takeout.

"Can you get me some of those circular fluffy things?" He requested. I stared at him strangely before realizing he was referring to pancakes

"You mean pancakes" I laughed, "Yeah I'll get you some. You want syrup and butter?"

"I want whatever that sweet brown liquid is"

"That's syrup" I muttered before putting our orders in.

"The food should be ready soon, I'll have someone pick it up for us" I informed him as we made our way to my office. Loki and I kind of have a tradition of him listening to me rant about things while I either work or cook.

"What are we talking about today?" Loki asked with a knowing look. I knew Thor most likely told him what happened- but he wanted to hear it from me.

It was better that way anyways. Thor wasn't there to recount exactly what happened so my POV was needed.

"Rodney is at it again" I told him, "He followed me out to the parking garage knowing none of the security guards were there." I recalled. I shifted in my chair and opened my computer. 

His facial expression changed and I knew he was thinking of 50 different ways to murder Rodney. I mean, I would let him but my conscious stops me every time.

"He's been crazy and obsessive for a while- but this time was scary- luckily I was on the phone with Steve. Who knows what he could have done?" 

"Exactly" Loki agreed, "We should see about a retraining order"

I laughed bitterly and threw up my hands, "I talked to my lawyer about that early this morning. She doesn't know if the courts would grant me one"

"And why not?"

"Something about lack of evidence, him not physically touching me and/or actually threatening me, and me waiting a while to get one." I told him.

"That makes no sense! Hasn't anyone seen him harass you?"

"Tamika and Rubi have. Though, Rubi has only ever seen the flowers and stuff he's given to me. And she was there when he did what he did last year"

"Okay... can they testify or something?"

"I asked Rubi. She said she would but my lawyer doesn't think the little she's seen will really do anything."

"So they wanna wait around until he actually harms you to do anything?" He asked

"I guess so"

"And what about Tamika?"

"She said she doesn't want any bad blood between her and Rodney because they're family" I said with a disappointed sigh.

Loki crossed his arms and scoffed. He bounced his leg and mimicked my sigh, "I really hope you're cutting all ties with her. She doesn't give a damn about what he does to you"

"Tony said the same thing. But, I really like Tamika. She's so sweet and a good partner- you think she's taking advantage of me?"

"Look, as much as I dislike Stark, he's right. If you can't get a restraining order then they're gonna get out your building. Make sure to make it known that they are no longer allowed near or in that building without your permission. After that, if he goes there without authorization- he could definitely get arrested."

I nodded and closed my laptop when we heard a knock at the door. Must have been our food.

"Don't worry sister, everything will be fine. I swear to you"

______________

Sorry for mistakes ❤️