35

Peter Parker

"Okay kid, all you have to do is distract her for a couple minutes" Mr. Stark whispered to me as we walked into his house.

It was early, maybe around 8:00 am when he knocked on my door and told me it's time to start prepping for his anniversary.

"Mr. Stark, I'm so tired. Couldn't this have waited?"

"No. Today is my anniversary, there is no waiting."

He led me to the dining room and peeked into the kitchen. I could hear singing and smell food coming from the kitchen.

The food smelled great, the singing was beautiful.

"Okay Peter" Tony said once he turned his attention back to me, "Kenya is in there making breakfast. I want you to go in and just have a conversation with her. But make sure to ramble a little bit- don't let her come out the kitchen until I come back in there. When I come back, that's your cue to leave and go pick up the decorations. Okay?"

"Okay" I nodded with understanding and followed him into the kitchen.

"Good morning darling" Tony said to Kenya. She looked over at us and smiled

"Morning Tony" She gave him a hug and walked over to me

"Hey Peter" she said while giving me a warm hug. I always loved Kenya's hugs, they made you feel so loved.

"What are you doing here?" She asked me

"Oh, just visiting my father figure" I joked before leaning against the counter. She continued to talk to me while Tony slipped out the room unnoticed.

"Happy anniversary by the way" I said, "Can't believe it's already been two years"

"I know right. I still remember every little detail about the weddings."

"Like what?" I ask

"Like how the button on your pants popped off and I had to sew a new one on while getting my hair done" she teased. I remember that, I felt so bad because she already seemed stressed enough.

But she fixed my pants and handed them back with a big smile. I apologized several times and she only told me that things happen, and it wasn't my fault.

Then she kissed my cheek and told me she loved me.

I think that's where I really started to look at Kenya as a mother figure. Of course, I have May, but Kenya has definitely become one of the more prominent women in my life.

I could call her at midnight and she'd answer and talk me through whatever was bothering me. She taught me how to cook, and was the one who helped me pick out a ring for MJ.

I was really grateful for her. For all of them.

Our conversation lasted a little while longer, until Tony came back into the kitchen.

"Oh Peter, you're still here" He said, "Thank you so much for keeping Kenn company but I know how tired you must be"

I nodded, understanding it was time for me to get the decorations he had ordered. I said my goodbyes and swiftly left.

Tony Stark

"He just got here" Kenya said once Peter was out the door.

"Yeah, I seen him out jogging earlier and he wanted to come back here to see you."