29

Sam Wilson

"You think Kenya's gonna join us for dinner?" Wanda asked after coming back from giving the kids their bottles. We all shrugged while patiently waiting for our food to come out.

We hadn't sat in this dining room since the incident a year ago- and I wouldn't be surprised if Kenya didn't wanna step foot in here.

I would love for her to come eat with us, but I  know that she went through so much pain last time we were here, and I only want her to be comfortable.

Wanda sat next to Steve just as soon as we heard footsteps approaching. I thought it was the butlers bringing our food.

You can imagine the level of shock on my face when Agnes and Kenya walked in....together.

"Hi guys" Kenya cheesed while taking a seat next to Tony. She looked happy and relieved..definitely a lot better than she did earlier.

Once Kenya and Agnes were seated, the butlers came in and gave us our food. We all watched as Kenya made her plate and passed the food to Agnes with no problem.

Again...the level of shock on my face-

"So how was the parade?" Kenya asked us. None of us said anything, we all just continued to watch her and her (old) rival.

Agnes looked around and rolled her eyes, "It's so rude to stare" She mumbled, "Kenya asked you all a question"

"It was fine honey" Tony said, "So um, are we missing something? Is this a parallel universe? Is it the end times?"

"Tony stop being dramatic" Steve says, "...but seriously, when did you guys become....friends?"

"About an hour or two ago" Agnes informed us

Kenya laughed, "She came in my room and we had a great conversation. She apologized and now we're good"

"Just like that?" I asked

"Just like that"

"No arguing?"

"A little bit of that but not much."

I nodded and sat back in my chair, finally beginning to pile food on my plate.

Once everyone got their food, we started to engage in conversation.

"The parade was fantastic" Bucky said, "It was so fun"

"The kids had a good time?" Kenya asked

"I don't know. They fell asleep halfway through" Thor said

"Ria smiled a couple times. So maybe she liked it" Loki mumbled

She nodded and continued to eat while making casual conversation with Nat.

Before long, we got on the topic of our weddings.

"The second wedding was my favorite" Wanda gushed, "It was so gorgeous. And Kenya looked so good in that dress"

"You looked good" Kenya said with a wink. That made my heart skip a little. Kenya definitely has been getting more and more comfortable around us.

I just hope this means she's considering taking us back.

I really do miss her. Everything about her.

And it's funny because we still see her all the time, but it's different.

I miss my baby.

The woman who used to let me braid her hair...

The woman who used to give me massages after a mission..

The woman who would sing Erykah Badu songs with me while we cooked together. And if it wasn't Badu, it was Jon B.

Or maybe some Destiny's Child, or Marvin Gaye.

It didn't matter. I was happy as long as we were singing it together.

And then, late at night... I would wake up and decide to take a little jog. Usually I would wake up Steve but sometimes Kenya would wake up and go on the jog with me.

It would typically end with her getting winded and then me carrying her back home. And on the way home, she would tell me all about the TV shows she was watching, or the books she was reading.

Then, it would be my turn to talk...and I would talk about life in New Orleans.

Ive only taken my partners back to my home once and they loved it. I definitely need to plan another trip there.

Kenya always said she loved the parties down there, even though she really hates partying.

And then we'd laugh. Her laugh is so infectious.

She hates the way she laughs, but it's honestly the best sound to be heard. Puts a smile on my face every time.

I love her. I love everything about her.

Gods, I love every fucking thing about her.

I never really noticed just how much I loved her until...she left.

My spouses are the best thing to ever happen to me, and losing one feels just as terrible as if I were to lose them all.

I hope she takes us back...because I hate looking at her knowing she doesn't wanna be our wife anymore.

_________________

Sorry for mistakes ❤️