1.

{ 3 Years Ago: Freeride}

" Chocolate was always my favorite flavor, baby."

Lydia rolled her eyes and turned around. She looked at Latrell who was rubbing his hands together looking at her frame.

" Latrell, I don't have time for you today."

" Well, make time. Because I want to take you out."

" Oh, really? With what? Your daddy's money, tss please."

Latrell was a little disappointed, but was very persistent. He walked in front of Lydia before she can move anywhere else. Lydia smiled and folded her arms.

Latrell Letters wasn't always like this...this real tough, cocky, sort of guy. Deep down he was a coward, but considering he was jumped into a gang called the prophets too early at the age of 11 he had to build this demeanor.

Lydia didnt understand what made her special in Latrells eyes. He always asked to go out with her. The prophets was crazy though. Pimp Lane was crazy. Latrell was a part of that, so...she tried staying clear. But she couldn't see where else she would go since her mom living down the street from them.

" You know I got my own shit. Stop being like that girl and let a real man take you out."

" Latrell, you're only 16, you didn't even grow hair on your balls yet." Lydia chuckled.

Latrell raised his chin up high causing Lydia to chortle at his defeat. He nodded towards her house just two a block over.

" Ya mom's home?" You shook your head.

" She still leaves that key under her mat?"

Before she could think, Lydia was chasing Latrell down the street calling out to him but was too slow.

Latrell already retrieved the key from under the mat and was now inside of her house. She went inside behind him, hurrying to close the door so her nosy neighbors wouldn't know. Old lady Sharon was the neighborhood watch lady, who carried on Rallies and had watch parties every other Saturday. Which made no since and defeats the purpose because the Prophets weren't going no where.

" Damn, still looks the same from when I was last here." Latrell looked around, taking everything in.

" Yeah, nothing too crazy." Lydia mumbled.

Latrell turned around towards Lydia and looked at her with a soft gaze.

" So uh, you...you can still have company?"

" C'mon Latrell. You know you're banned from being in here-

" Ya mom's work double tonight. I know she does. Your mom and my parents were cool before."

Lydia gave up the fight and nodded giving Latrell a clear indication that he could stay only until the morning.
Lydia went upstairs with Latrell, going in her room and locking the door. The L.A breeze pushed into her window giving her chill bumps.