6.

Lydia

It was almost seven.

I sat at a local playground on a bench waiting on Lonny.

Tomorrow was his day to leave the city, and I didn't feel right letting him leave thinking I still loved him.

I blew out a breath, my nerves shaking. It was for the best I hope. After having sex with Latrell, I couldn't go back. I just keep messing with him then Lonny. Eventually I would have to come clean about everything.

To my left I could see a figure moving closer to me. Lonny. He must've parked his car a street over so it won't get stolen.

I shivered with nervousness and smiled small once he approached me. He tried giving me a kiss but I moved back slightly, curving it.

" Hey, bae- what's wrong?"

" Just sit."

He sat down next to me looking. I turned to him, not knowing what I should say first.

" Lonny-

" Wait. Before you start I just wanted to say, even though you and I haven't been on good terms lately, I still love you. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. So, I got you this."

My eyes went wide. The boy pulled out a ring box and pulled out a diamond ring. I almost cried because all this time I was thinking he was avoiding me, he was actually trying to- propose.

" I'm going away for a while baby, I want to marry you. Come back, have some babies."

He smiled, as he took the ring out. The tears were coming and as badly as I want to take the ring and couldn't.. I just couldn't..

" Lonny I can't." I said. It looked like I broke his heart.

" W-what do you mean you can't?"

" I can't do this. I wanted to break up with you sooner, but considering the circumstances I- I didn't want to. But now, I did something bad that I can't take back. And I'll be a damn fool to take your ring with this weight on my shoulders." I was almost sobbing, but kept myself firm because if I'm going to tell the man that I thought I loved, that Ive been cheating on him...I need to be strong.

" What weight baby? Whatever it is we can get through it-

" I cheated on you Lonny!"

Lonny's hands that were on mine, were snatched away. He pulled away from me after saying that my heart broke. What did I expect? Him to still want me?

" Please Lonny listen-

" Oh, nah. I heard you! You fucked somebody else? Who? That Latrell nigga?"

My eyebrows knitted together. I never told him about Latrell, how?

" Who said anything-

" Your mama. I was looking for you. Tuesday."

Oh shit. Tuesday I wasn't at work. Monday and Tuesday I was busy screwing Latrell. Oh, shit.