5.

Lydia

I didn't know what I was doing wrong.

All weekend Latrell didn't call, didn't text. Monse was pissed off at me, for what I told her that weekend.

I woke up drowsy from the lack of sleep I had. I was telling Monse the truth when I said she's needed to get her shit together. Shes a lamb in a wolf's den if you ask me. She's not suppose to be on that side.

I looked at my phone and saw that it was almost nine.

I got up to do my morning routine. I skipped breakfast, but made my mom some before she left for work.
My hair was in a messy bun and I wore worn out jeans and a fitted tshirt, along with son footy socks and some crocks.

I wasn't in the mood for anything right now.

" Damn you look a mess. Did you sleep?" My mom asked, coming down the stairs and into the kitchen.

" Not really. I- I'm about to head out, breakfast on the stove. I'll see you later."

Before I could leave, my mom stopped me and looked at me.

" Is it that boy? Latrell? He had got you upset?"

My mom examined my face. I swatted her hands away softly not in the mood for her lecture.

" Mama I'm fine. Can I just got to work? I've had a shitty weekend as it is."

She shrugged and went towards the stove.

" Did that boy call you yet? Lonny."

Now, that I think about it. Lonny was almost a week away from going to the army. He only texted me Sunday which was the other day and after that I didn't here anything else for him. It's like he's been ghosting me.

" Yeah, I gotta go. I'll be back, same time."

°°°

I was now walking up towards Latrell's place. I saw him sitting on the porch basking in the early morning sun. I didn't bother to look at him, but I felt his eyes on me, heavy.

I had this urge to go up there and speak my mind to him but I didn't want to seem like an asshole.

Yes..I should've told Lonny about him. Yes, I should've been more clear on where me and Latrell stood. But everything was happening so fast. Monse wasn't talking to me and there goes my two friends down the drain.

" Good morning."

A low deep somber voice was directed towards. I knew it was for me because i was the only one walking this street at this time. I slowly turned to him and saw him rolling a blunt.

" Morning." I said turning away.

" So, you just gone walk off?"

He stepped from the porch still with the blunt in his hands and stood over me looking me in my eyes with challenging glare.

" What do you want Latrell. Don't act like you want to talk to me now after ignored me this weekend."

" I was handling some shit."