10.

Narrator

Lydia sat on Ceasars bed, looking around his room with wandering eyes.

In one of his many black t-shirts Lydia looked at her phone, seeing that he her call log was loaded with missing calls and text messages.

The night that Lydia found a photo in her phone of Latrell kissing Mia, she called Ceasar to let him know what was going on.

He didn't necessarily hesitate on letting her stay there for a day or two but, to just watch her tongue around some of the Cholos.

Her mom was still not picking up her phone nor calling her.

Latrell was probably throwing a fit, and Monse was just now finding out she's pregnant by one of the prophets.

She called Lydia just last night telling her the whole thing. Saying she wasn't feeling good and that she went to the clinic and it was confirmed. She told the child's father and after that he stopped answering her calls.

Ceasar is the last person she wants to admit it to and it was none of Lydia's business to even bring that up to him.

Ceasar walked in, closing the door with a plate of food.

Before Ceasar and Oscar's mother died she was heavingly on drugs, but what she didn't do was deprive them of a hot meal.

Tamales with Spanish rice and shredded pork belly tacos. One of Lydia's favorites.

She looked at the plate that was presented in front of her and took it slowly, still not really comfortable being in the house she hasn't been in In years.

" Thank you." He nose was filled with different aromas that almost made her dig in her food savagely. But she kept it cute.

" Did your mom call you back?" Ceasar asked.

Lydia shook her head, scooping rice inside of her mouth slowly.

" No. I don't think she wants me around anymore. I risked my housing for him to just-

Lydia didn't speak and just kept eating, ignoring Ceasars gaze.

" I won't be the one to say I told you so but...I don't want to see you hurt."

Lydia side eyed him and smirked.

" I could say the same about you." You said putting her plate down on the side of her.

" Monse is really doing you in, and where Vero?"

" Vero is...doing her own thing. She's with the guy that demoted me. We won't say any names."

" I'm sorry."

" It's cool. And with Monse...it's like she wants to piss me off."

" Then why are you so busy chasing her? Monses  my girl and all but she's lost. Her allies is on the other side. I never chose a side, me and Latrell aren't even together."