4.

Lydia

" Chavez, which side youre on? The Santos or-

" Don't put me into that shit because you're fucking a Prophet. But to answer your question, I'm on no side. If I get respect they get respect."

Chavez never looked up at me as he was busy sweeping and making sure the Bodega was in tip top shape while the janitor was out.

" No, I'm just saying. I guess I am affiliated with them since Latrell and I are friends. But what if those old feelings never went away?"

Chavez straightened his back, I heard a couple of cracks and a groan coming from him. I wanted to know from someone older someone with experience.

" Then you need to leave that boyfriend of yours alone. No new guy wants to know about the old guy."

" I love Lonny too much. I can't just let him go."

"Does Latrell know about the boyfriend?"

" Yes, actually. And he's pretty understanding too."

" And that should bother you."

I narrowed my eyebrows in confusion as I popped a hot Cheeto into my mouth. I didn't know what he meant by that.

" Latrell left with a memory of you. He came back still thinking of you. Your boyfriend, Im assuming doesn't know about this man. You're in deep shit."

" Lonny's going to the army."

I shrugged my shoulders. I didn't think telling Lonny about Latrell was a big deal or vice versa. Latrell was just a long time friend and Lonny just sorta got into the picture. I'll be wrong if I lose my relationship over Latrell who has more going on in his life as a gang member.

"You young girls love stringing these men along. Just quit the man."

I rolled my eyes and I watched about two customer come in and look around. Chavez was right, I need to break up with Lonny before he leaves. I understand it'll be heart breaking, but I don't want him thinking things about me. He's such a sweet man, and I don't want to hold him back.

As for Latrell, we need to just stay friends until I figure something out.

I got a facetime call from Monse and I picked up.

" Hey!" She smiled. " Another day at work?"

" Yeah, getting these few hours in before the weekend."

" Oh! We should go out for drinks. I heard the little bar not too far from the Bodega is giving out one dollar margaritas."

" That sounds tempting. I have to go I have customers. Call me in another hour when it gets slow."

We hung up the conversation and I was startled by a slap on the counter. I looked at the individual like they were crazy and realized it was Latrell.

" My people having a party tonight, you slidin?"

I cocked my head back and smirked. I counted the money in register, putting it back and counting how much I had.