2.

{3 Years later: Age 19}

Lydia

" Do you really have to go?"

" Yeah, they need me out there."

I stroked my boyfriends face as we lay in my bed looking at each.
My boyfriend Lonny is going away to the army, to pursue a better future for me and himself.

It's going on almost two years we been together.

" I'm going to miss you." I said.

" I'll call and check in whenever I can. Ill be here for holidays or when a relative die."

I sighed, clutching the sheet over my body. He was really leaving me. I can't take this pain. We've been inseparable since Latrell left, and he was the only one that's been there for me through those hard times.

Now, those old feelings I had for Latrell, were gone....kinda. they weren't as strong as they were when he was here, but now that he's gone and facing some time in jail I had to move on with my life. I wanted something better with my life.

Lonny kissed me and held me close to him as I lay my head on his chest. The alarm to my phone went off and I rolled my eyes.

" Damn, 7:30 am already?" I asked myself as I threw the blankets from off of me.

" Just call off, I'll pay for your shift."

" As tempting as that sounds, Ive already missed three days of work this month. Chavez is on my ass now, I got to be at the Bodega by nine babe or ill lose my job."

I threw him his clothes.

" Wow, just gonna through me out huh?"

" No, but you know how my mom is. When I get my own place I won't be so hard on you."

The time passed for me to go to work. I kissed Lonny, and headed out the door clutching my jacket around me.

Every morning I had to brace myself for the Prophets. They would always eyeball me and harass me on my way to work. Unfortunately, the Bodega wasn't too far from here and I had no other choice but to walk that quick ten minutes.

" Don't be trynna hide girl I see you!"

I rolled my eyes as Bullet one of the members, came towards me from the house. It was too damn early for beer but there they were in all of their glory chucking bottles of it.

" What do you want B?"

" Obviously you, you can't tell?" He smirked, a hint of Hennessy on his breath.

" And it's a little too early to be drinking can't you tell?" I mocked.

" I love a working woman. You always make sure you get your coins. But I see you too much of a goody goody to get up with a nigga."

I rolled my eyes so hard because he was always coming at me. Just fronting for these pimps on the stairs.

" I need to go to work, or I'll have your ass on pimp Lane making my coins for me."