11.

Lydia

Cesar was generous enough to just drive me to Latrells place a hand full of men sitting on the porch was enough to make chills go up my spine. Latrell right alone with them, glaring at me.

I didn't want it to go like this. I just needed someone to confide in, someone more softer and less aggressive. Like, Cesar.

He kept a close eye on me as I carried my bags to the car.

" It's sad yo man can't get out and help you." Latrell said, laughing with many of the prophets.

I just rolled my eyes. Wanting to tell him it's not what he thinks and that I was hurt for what he did, but he wouldn't believe so there was no point in even explaining myself.

I got back in the car, Cesar slowly driving off no longer making eye contact.

" I called your mom. She said you can come back. I don't want you living with me, you can get hurt and-

" I know. Just take me home."

And so he did, without another word uttered we arrived at my mother's home. It was 830 and she was for sure off work because her lights were still on. Even from outside I can smell the smothered pork chops she makes every Saturday.

" Do you need me to walk you in?"

" Are you sure?"

" Yeah. Your mom's cool. I talked her into letting you come back she really misses you."

Cesar took my bags and let me walk to the door, to where I knocked. Seconds later my mom answered and I immediately burst into tears.

" Mama i-

Her arms embraced me, letting me melt into her warm arms.

She soon pulled away and let us both in. Cesar dropping my bags off at the door.

" I didn't feel good with her coming alone." Cesar interjected before my mom could speak.

" It's ok, thank you. Do you want a plate Cesar?"

Cesar held a smile.

" I could eat."

I followed my mom to the kitchen where she was fixing the plates.

I washed my hands, no words exchanged between us.

" I wanted to say I'm sorry, mama. I should've listened to you."

My mom looked at me.

" No need to apologize. I wanted you to experience that."

Cesar came back down. We both washed our hands in the sink and sat the table.

The table was quiet with the acception of us chewing, I couldn't really eat with my mom looking more conflicted as we took bites of our food. Cesar was enjoying his time here more then I. I loved my moms and respected her but I knew I scared her, but she wasn't in the right neither.