The Letter

Y/N POV

You looked at Taehyung as he gave you a large boxy smile. In his hands was a letter that was either going to change your life, or could just be a part of your life.

"Y/N! It's here, my letter on if I got into the astronaut program!"

You were nervous about what that letter was going to say. You wanted him to live out his dream but you couldn't help but be nervous about Taehyung going to space for a few years.

He gingerly opened the letter, pulling out the papers that were contained. You studied his face intently to know if it was going to be good news or bad new for him.

When he lifted to his head, with a large smile, your heart dropped to you stomach... He got in.

"I'm going to be an astronaut!"

He picked you up spinning you around in excitement. You plastered a smile on your face, not wanting to spoil the moment for him.

"It says I'll be leaving in 6 weeks!"

"That's great Tae..."

You smiled through the pain in your heart. How could you ruin his dream? He had let you live your dreams, so why shouldn't he?

~ Time Skip~

The next few weeks past like agony. Taehyung was gone every single day to go to the astronaut training center to prepare for his departure next week. You were setting the table trying not to be overwhelmed knowing that he was leaving so soon.

"Y/N, I'm home!"

"In the kitchen!"

You saw him come around the corner exhaustion obvious on his face as he approached you with a soft smile.

"How was your day?"

"It was good."

He leaned in placing a gentle kiss to your lips before sitting down. Your heart tugged violently at you as the constant reminder came into your head.

"Y/N, are you alright?"

You looked at him with large doe eyes, trying to cover the pain that was screaming at you internally.

"I'm okay. Just tired is all."

He smiled at you softly before digging into his food.

Just tell him how you feel! Good grief woman he's going to find out eventually!

You opened your mouth to say something, but couldn't bring yourself to say it, so you quickly closed your mouth again.