Space Between

Taehyung POV

It had been a couple of weeks since their rocket left the space station next to the moon to begin their exploration. During which Y/N had sent him several videos, but each one she was looking paler and sick, which made Taehyung's heart hurt.

He was watching his new video from Y/N and this one seemed different.

"Hey, Tae! I found some pretty exciting news and I wanted to wait before telling you to make sure I was sure, but we are pregnant Taehyung!"

Taehyung watched as she held up a pregnancy test and an ultrasound picture. His heart sinking to his stomach.

I should've stayed.

She smiled through the video until it eventually came to an end. Taehyung could see the hurt in her eyes, which only made him ache more for her. Tears rolled gently down his cheek, sobs escaping his mouth as he looked at her. His hand reached out for her before the screen turned black leaving him alone.

"Hey, mate, you, okay?"

He turned to his fellow crew member Jimin who had become a very close friend in their excursion and training.

"I..."

"It's hard getting messages from home."

Taehyung nodded his head, as Jimin pulled him into a hug.

"She's.... She's pregnant and I'm going to miss everything."

Jimin stayed quiet listening to him cry into his friend's shoulder. Grieving over the mistake he's made, knowing that there was no going back until they had completed their mission.

"You should probably send her a reply."

Taehyung nodded his head, whipping away the stray tears before turning on his camera to talk back.

Y/N POV

"Hey Y/N, or should I say, baby mama. I love you both so much, and you have no idea it hurts me that I'm going to miss the birth of our baby, but I will send you my love from the stars."

It was a couple of weeks later that Y/N got her reply from Taehyung, her small bump was beginning to show.

The doctor appointments were becoming increasingly difficult, and her heart felt like it was going to explode. The doctor had warned her multiple times that if she didn't get her stress under control there would be repercussions later.

You reached a shaky hand to touch Taehyung even if he was just an image. A sob escaped your lips, before placing a hand on your small bump.

You could imagine how it was supposed to be. How Taehyung would've been so excited over the baby, not wanting to spend a moment away, which only made you that much more upset. It was your fault for staying quiet and not telling him what you thought and how you truly felt about him going to space for a few years.

Now you would face the consequences and the universe seemed the best consequence would be facing your pregnancy alone without your husband.