Departure

Taehyung POV

He could tell that Y/N was becoming increasingly upset every day and he knew it was his fault. He couldn't tell if it was because she was going to miss him or if it was that she didn't want him to go.

The day was finally upon them that he was going to be leaving, his heart said no, but his mind said yes. He was torn. Unsure if he should just stay with Y/N or go. He had finished getting dress and headed for the launch pad where he would see Y/N one more time.

Y/N was standing there with tear stained cheeks, making his heart sting more than it already was. He walked over to her, pulling her into his arms. Her arms wrapped around his neck as she buried her head into the crook of his neck. Taehyung pulled her body closer to him, taking in one more deep breath before his departure.

"I love you Y/N."

She sobbed into his neck, her grip becoming tighter. He looked away his eyes stinging with tears. He blinked rapidly trying to get rid of them before the rest of the crew saw them.

"Send me recordings everyday."

She nodded her head taking in a painful breath before pulling away.

"I love you."

He smiled softly at her. His hand wrapping around the nape of her neck, before placing a final kiss on her forehead. He let his lips rest there as he fought back his own emotions that were threatening to make an appearance.

"I love you, never forget."

He walked towards the aircraft looking over his shoulder often only to see Y/N crying into her hand as she watched him walk further away from her. The last time he looked over his shoulder she was being escorted away by a security guard. He climbed next to his fellow crew giving them a gentle smile.

"First time?"

"Yeah..."

"Don't worry. Your family will be fine. The program does a great job taking care of the families."

"That's good to know."

"Any kids?"

"No, it's just my wife Y/N and myself. We'll have kids when I get back."

"That's sweet mate."

Taehyung looked out the window to see the ground in the distance knowing that Y/N was standing among them. The engines started up and the rocket began to move, guiding Taehyung to space away from the familiar world he's called home.