The New Kid?

It was another normal day after school.

The Sandlot crew played baseball and practiced to get better.

Little did they know the new kid was watching them.

Ham catches the ball after Dani threw it to him and hands it to Benny, who was batting.

Benny throws the ball in the air and hits it to Bertram. Bertram catches the ball and quickly throws it to Timmy, who throws it to Ham.

Ham give the ball to Benny again, and Benny hits the ball again, but this time to Yeah-Yeah. Yeah-Yeah catches the ball and throws it to Timmy. Timmy catcher the ball and throws it to Ham.

Ham catches the ball and once again hands it to Benny. Benny hits the ball, but father this time towards Squints.

Squints catches the ball and Ham compliments him. "Nice catch."

Benny nods. "Yeah."

It was now Dani's turn to bat.

She steps up to Home base and takes a couple of practice swings.

Once she feels as though she is ready, Dani stops and gets into her batting position before nodding to DeNunez.

DeNunez nods back and gets into position.

Dani steadies her breathing and concentrates. She blocks everything else out and focuses on the ball headed towards her.

The young girl takes in a deep breath before hitting the ball with her bat.

The ball goes soaring through the air and Dani hears Ham yell. "Watch out!"

It was only then that Dani noticed the new kid near the edge of the Sandlot.

She watches as the new kid attempts to catch the ball, but fails horribly.

Instead the ball hits him and he falls back onto his butt.

All of the boys laugh, except for Benny laughing uncontrollably. Dani rolls her eyes at them and just continues to watch the boy.

He yells over to them. "Don't worry. I'll get it."

They all watch as the new kid the new kid I chew toward the fence to grab the ball.

Once he has it, the fence rattles and he immediately rushes ways from it.

He looks over to the Sandlot crew to see them all waiting as Squints makes it known. "We are waiting."

The rest of the Sandlot boys start to yell at him as he gets into the worst throwing stance.

He throws the ball only for it to land a few feet in front of him.

All the boys laugh uncontrollably once again. The hold their stomaches, rolling on the ground, over exaggerating.

The boy humiliated and embarrassed runs away in tears.

Dani wears a sad- sympathetic look. She knew what it felt like to be the new kid no one liked and saw herself in him.

Later that day, Dani sat in her bed thinking about the new kid. She wanted to help him make some friends. But how?

The young girl sighed and was about to go to sleep, before a certain hat caught her eye.

It was the first hat her dad had ever given her. He gave the hat to Dani during her first baseball practice.

He taught her everything she knows and that's how she was able to impress a couple of boys into letting her into their crew.

That's when an idea popped into her head.

If she can teach the new kid how to play baseball, maybe he can join their team.

So with that, Dani grabbed an extra baseball glove and decided she would give it to him.

Dani felt slightly excited, she wanted to help the new kid make friends.

After making a plan for the next day, Dani got into bed and fell asleep.