The Night Game and Firework Show

Benny and Dani ran over to Smalls house and knocked on his door. Smalls answered it and Benny quickly said. "Let's go. Come on. Get your glove and ome on."

Smalls confusedly asked. "What's the big deal?"

Dani answered. "Night game. Come on."

Smalls nods as he grabs his glove, hat, and yells out to his mom. "Mom, I'm going out!"

He walks out and the three run down the drive way onto the street.

They ran through the Fourth of July potluck and caught up with the other boys. They ran through the neighborhoods and streets towards the sandlot, laughing and playing around.

They made it to the sandlot and yelling and shouting as they got into their regular positions, fireworks going off in the sky.

Smalls in the outfield yelled. "Okay, hit it!"

Yeah-Yeah nodded as he clapped his hand against his glove. "Yeah, yeah, come on, Dani. Come on."

Dani was up to bat first and did her usual routine. "DeNunez, hit me one."

DeNunez nodded as she took a few practice swings nodding to DeNunez, letting him know she was ready.

DeNunez nodded back and pitched the ball as Rocki took a deep breath and hit the ball.

It was a home run, so she started running the bases as all the boys looked in the direction of where she hit it.

They stopped and looked at the fireworks as they were pulled into tranced by the beauty of all the colors, we'll all expect for Benny.

Benny watched as Dani ran all the bases and just smiled to himself.

Dani made it back to home base and looked at all the boys, chuckling as she shook her head.

She walked over to Benny with a smile. "Happy Fourth of July."

Benny smiles back her as he grabbed her by her waist. "Happy Birthday."

They both chuckles as they leaned in and kissed, Dani putting her hands around Benny's neck.

There were fireworks every where and not just in the sky, but in their hearts and heads.

The couple smiled going unnoticed by the boys, kissing till their hearts were content.

Benny smirked as he pulled away and lifted rocki off the ground, twirling her around.

Dani squealed and started to laugh, but stopped when he put her back down and smiled at her. She had a light blush forming on her cheeks, making Bennys heart flutter as he lifted her head back up with his finger under her chin and leaned in to kiss her again.

They both smile into the kiss shutting everything out.

Dani smirks as she pulls away. "The sky's beautiful tonight."

Benny nods. "Yeah. Just like you."

He puts his hand on her cheek as Dani blushes and looks down. Benny just chuckle and kissed her cheek as Dani rolled her eyes and watched the rest of the fire works, resting her head on Bennys shoulder.

The group actually started to play the game once the boys snapped out of their trance, having fun all night.

But, sadly the fun ended when all the boys went home after they said Happy Birthday to Dani.

Benny and rocki stayed behind and layed on the grassy part of the sandlot. They laid there and looked up at the stars as Dani laid on benny's chest, laughing and giggling as any couple would.

They had fallen asleep snuggled into each other, but sadly it ended Dani woke up and decided they should go home. She lightly shook Benny, trying to wake him up. "Benny."

Benny wouldn't wake up, so she tried again. "Benny."

He let out a few groans as he turned the opposite way of her, not waking

Dani chuckles and smiled to herself as sh tried one last time, but a little rougher. "Benny."

Finally, Benny woke up with a groan as he rubbed his eyes. He looked over to Dani half asleep as he asked. "What?"

Dani chuckled as she answered. "We should go to sleep on an actual bed."

Benny chuckled and he laid back down as he sighed. "If we must."

Dani nods and smiles. "Yes, we must. Come on. Let's go."

She gets up from the ground and extends her hand towards him, Benny sighing as he takes it.

Dani lifts him up and smiles up at him, Benny doing the same as Dani takes his hand and pulls him towards the exit of of the sandlot.

The couple walked hand in hand on the way home, Dani resting her head on benny's shoulder, until they arrived in front of their houses.

Benny sighed as put her hair behind her ear. "Why can't you just stay over?"

Dani chuckled. "Because, I have my own room, in my own house."

Benny groans playfully. "I'm your boyfriend. Why can't you just live with me?"

Dani blushes as she looks down. "Being my boyfriend doesn't mean I have to live with you. Besides I see you everyday, it's not bad to get some separation."

Benny asks. "So, your saying I'm clingy?"

Dani shakes her head and kisses his cheek. "Goodnight, Benny."

She starts to walk away, but was pulled back by Benny into a kiss. Dani smiles and slightly giggles at the gestures as Benny pulls away. "You forgot something."

Dani chuckles. "I noticed."

Benny chuckled before placing a kiss to her forehead. "Goodnight, Hermosa."

Dani nods. "Goodnight, Benny."

Benny sighs as he lets her go. "Well, I guess I'll see you tomorrow. "

Dani nodded. "8:00 sharp."

She gave Benny one last kiss before walking away.

A/n-I know it's short, but I promise I will finish the book and there will be longer chapters. But for now just bare with me, please.