Dinner with Benny

It was another regular day at the sandlot as everyone was playing baseball and having fun.

That was until Dani went up to bat and hit the ball over the fence, making everyone groan as she ran all the bases. When Dani got back to home, she was met with a not so happy Benny.

Dani looked to him with an apologetic look. "I'm sorry. I didn't think I would hit it over."

She looked down and fiddled with her hands, but Benny just smiled to himself, taking her hands in his. "Hey. It's okay we'll just get another ball."

Dani looks up to him with a confused look. "Well, what are we going do? We can't go back to the pool and I don't like doing anything other than playing baseball and neither do you."

Benny smirks. "Well... I have been thinking and... I want to take you out on a date."

Dani stands there with a light blush on her face. "But, what about the boys?"

Benny grabs her by the waist and brings her closer to him, Dani giggling as he does. She puts her arms around his neck as Benny chuckles and looks deep into her eyes. "I think they'll be alright."

Dani chuckles as she nods in agreement. "Yeah, I think they will."

Benny smiles and leans in, Dani doing the same as they smile to a kiss. It wasn't long or rough, but short and sweet.

They pull away and smile as they put their heads together, but stop when they feel stares on them.

The couple looks over to see all the boys staring at them, nervously chuckling as they let go of each other.

The boys all stand there wide-eyed, mouths hanging open as Benny and Dani walk over to them standing there hand in hand.

The boys all look at them in a group as Benny and Dani stand there slightly embarrassed. Dani clears her throat and was the first to speak. "So? What do you think?"

The boys still stand there shocked as Benny and Dani send nervous and anxious looks to each other. Finally, the wait was over when squints speaks up. "Well..."

Benny and Dani stand there nervous at his response, but we're glad when they found out they didn't have to be. "Finally!"

The couple looked to each other with confused looks and do the same to the guys. Ham sighs and steps next to squints. "We already knew you guys liked each other. It's been torture watching you two make googoo eyes at each other and not notice. So, what squints meant is you finally got together."

The two look to each other with very noticeable blushes, but look back to the group anyway as Dani asks. "We were that obvious?"

Squints chuckles. "As obvious as me liking Wendy."

Benny and Dani look to each other and smile as Benny was now the one speaking. "Well, since the ball is over the fence, and we don't have the money for a new one. Let's just call it a day."

Dani looks over to him with a small smile and laughs as all the kids rush out of the sandlot. The two walk out slowly, holding hands as they walk home.

As they get to the corner, Benny pulls Dani her by the waist, making squeals slightly.

Dani smiles as she looks down up, putting her hands on Benny's shoulders. She looks up at him, to see he was already looking at her.

Dani looks down and blushes as Benny smirks and lifts her head up with his finger.

He leans down to kiss her, Dani leaning in and smiling into the kiss.

Their lips meet and mold into each other perfectly as Benny moves his finger from her chin and rests its on her cheek.