Philliphs's Challenge

It was a regular day at the sandlot and Dani was up to bat as she stepped up to the batting box and tapped the home base. She swung her bat back and forth as she fixed her baseball hat, continuing to take a couple practice swings before getting into position.

Dani nodded to DeNunez to pitch the ball and he did, her hitting the ball and dropping her bat as she started to run. Everyone yelled for squints to throw the ball as she the the bases. "Come on! Hurry up! Run!"

Dani ran all the way to in between third and home, but was stopped when the ball was thrown to Ham at home base. "Pickle!"

Dani tried to run back to third, but Ham threw the ball to Yeah-Yeah before she could, trapping her in a pickle. She ran back and fourth in between third and home base, but when tricked ham into throwing it to third like Benny did and made it to home base completing her home run.

Everyone groaned as Dani was hunched over with her hands on her knees trying to catch her breath, but went over to congratulate her any way.

Benny lifted Dani up in the air and twirled her around, Dani gasping and giggling as he did.

However the moment was sadly ruined and interrupted by squints. "Oh, no!"

He threw his hands up in the air and let them drop back down to his sides as Benny put Dani down, looking over to what squints was complaining about.

They saw Phillips and his boys on their bikes headed their way.

The boys started to walk towards Phillips and his boys so Rocki grabbed the bat and did the same.

Phillips and his boys stopped in front of the sandlot crew as the two groups stood facing each other all giving each other dirty looks.

Dani was right beside Ham glaring at Phillips tightly holding her bat as Phillips looked to Benny. "It's easy when you play with a bunch of rejects, a girl, and fat kid, Rodriguez."

Dani continued glared at Phillips as Benny shouted. "Shut your mouth, Phillips."

Ham gets angry as he asks. "What'd you say, crap face?"

Phillips shrugs as he answers. "I said you shouldn't even be allowed to touch a baseball. Except for Rodriguez, you're all an insult to the game."

Ham challenges him. "Come on! We'll take you on right here, right now! Come on!"

Everyone backs him up by yelling and nodding, but Phillips rudely interrupts them. "We play on a real diamond, Porter. You ain't good enough to lick the dirt off our cleats."

Dani scoffs. "Yeah. Your flimsy rich boy cleats that you didn't pay for."

Phillips just dismissed her. "Shut up and stay out of it, princess."

Ham steps up for Dani. "Watch it, jerk."

Phillips yells at Ham. "Shut up, idiot."

The two continue to throw insults at each other.

"Moron!"

"Scab eater!"

"Butt sniffer!"

"Pus licker!"

"Fart smeller!"

Bertram sniffs the air to back ham up as the rest of the sandlot crew laughs, Phillips coming up with another insult. "You eat dog crap for breakfast, geek!"

Ham doing the same. "You mix your Wheaties with your momma's toe jam!"

The sandlot crew yell and nod behind him as Phillips continues the insult war. "You bob for apples in the toilet and you like it."