Chapter 8

Marigold give a satisfied grunt as she saw all the other dragons in the hut talking about ways to defeat the IceWings soldiers in the battle. But there were more important matters to think about now, like the prophecy. She had already memorised the prophecy. I need to find the mountain cat, she realised. I have to get out of the rainforest to do that! How would a mountain cat save the Phyrria? But if it was in the prophecy it's possible, right?

Okay, back to the topic. One of the lines were: Phyrria will crumble under the talons of the dying star. She was especially confused with that line because stars didn't have talons. The mountain cat will save the day. At least there was a way. But in prophecies, you need to make them happen. They won't just happen automatically. The golden RainWing saw Quartz sitting in front of her. "Are you okay?" He asked. "Yes, I'm fine, but I can't figure out what the prophecy means." Marigold growled frustratedly. "It's okay," Quartz soothed. "Let's work it out together."

"Well, I think that the snow warriors means the IceWings, and we have to be cautious of them because they attacked me and all the others." Quartz continued. "But you attacked them, not the other way around," objected Marigold. "They were in the rainforest!" yelled Quartz. "How many times do I have to say that?"Marigold blinked, surprised that Quartz felt so strongly. "What about the second line: beware the magic in the darkness and ice?" Marigold changed the subject. "I don't know," muttered Quartz. He stormed away angrily. Quartz's sister watched him go, then walked back to the main village for some other company.

A flash of pain in her head made her stagger. She closed her eyes, willing it to go away. The pain was excruciating. She squinted her eyes, and at once, they flew open with astonishment. She wasn't in the rainforest, she was in the mountains. There was a tall mountain towering next to her, and she realised it was Jade Mountain. She turned around and bit back a yowl of horror. Behind her was a battlefield with bodies littering the clearing. Dead NightWings and IceWings lay on the ground, each pooling in blood. She blinked, and she was back in the rainforest again. 

Quartz stood next to her, and she could see his concerned eyes darting back and forth across her face. "I'm sorry I snapped at you," he apologised. "You had another vision, right?" He whispered, so that no one else could hear. They didn't need to get more worried. Marigold gave her brother a tiny nod. 

"I read your mind," he murmured. "I saw exactly what you saw. And you need to go find Jade Mountain to see what happened there." Marigold shook her head. "But I can't abandon you!" Marigold knew her eyes were filled with despair. She wanted to find out what the new vision meant, but she couldn't leave her brother behind, especially when he was hurt. Suddenly she knew what he would say.

"You won't have to," he said, confirming her thoughts. 

"I'm coming with you."

_________________________________________________________

Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed that chapter. It's a little bit short, but I am really happy with it! 

Please vote on my chapter if you think the prophecy will come true!

~Dragongirl~