Chapter 11

Lynx growled softly to herself as she searched the huge mountain range. She had flown quickly from the Ice Kingdom to here first, because she'd hoped Nova and Blizzard would be here. Not many IceWings had been out of the Ice Kingdom, because none of them liked the other territories. They were too hot for an IceWing to survive comfortably. Lynx didn't really like it here either, she hated it. The sun was burning through her scales like fire.

Lynx soared high above the Claws of the Cloud Mountains, in hope of finding Nova and Blizzard in the mountains. It was the closest territory for an IceWing to fly to, that's why Lynx came her first.

The IceWing warrior froze as she heard wingbeats above her. She slowly looked up, trying not to attract unwanted attention, but that was no use. She was face to face with a SkyWing soldier.

The soldier was tall and thin, but she was no doubt a fast flyer, like all the other SkyWings that she had heard about. Her wings were stretched out to their full length and she stretched her neck up so that she towered over Lynx. 

The SkyWing circled over Lynx for a while before shooting towards her at an unbelievable speed. Lynx ducked out of the way, and whirled around as the SkyWing slashed at her face. She avoided the blow and drew up her freezing frostbreath. 

Time to fight like an IceWing warrior, she thought determinedly.

She roared her frostbreath at the SkyWing angrily. The tall SkyWing screamed in pain and fury as the frostbreath seeped through her ruby red scales. She retaliated with steaming fire out of her mouth, aiming it straight at Lynx. Lynx evaded it and slammed into her, shoving her towards the sharp peaks of the mountains. She screeched and flared open her wings, caught the wind, then flew away, probably to call the rest of the soldiers. 

Lynx frantically searched the rest of the mountains. She didn't have much time before the SkyWing went to get her fast flying tribemates. Lynx stared at the horizon worriedly. A wing of dragons were already heading her way. That was very quick. Maybe she was closer to the Queen's palace then she thought. 

The IceWing looked down and saw the shape of two dragons underneath her. It was a NightWing and a RainWing. They were walking together, probably travelling like her. 

I'll see if they know anything about Nova and Blizzard. 

She dove and plummeted towards the pair, angling her sparkling wings to slice trough the current.

The RainWing and NightWing stared up at her simultaneously before she hit the ground. 

Then she saw the silver teardrop scales next to their eyes. 

They were mind readers.

_________________________________________________________

Thanks for reading this chapter! I hope you enjoyed it and please keep a watch for Chapter 12!

Dragongirl 📖