Chapter 9

Quartz walked into the group of young dragonets, who were Marigold's friends. Marigold and him had already planned to sneak off in broad daylight so the RainWings wouldn't get suspicious. They were going off at sun time. The golden  rays of sunshine glared at the rainforest, bouncing off the trees and filtering through to the ground of the rainforest.

Marigold was standing next to him, thinking in her head. We're going soon, so head off to the edge of the rainforest, she thought at him. Quartz gave Marigold a tiny nod, not bothering to speak telepathically to her in his head.

Quartz headed to the edge of the trees, trying to move casually as to not arouse suspicion. He'd almost made it to the edge of the trees when he heard footsteps behind him. He turned around and saw Berry standing just a talonstep away. The bright purple RainWing healer was staring at him quizzically. "Why aren't you having your sun time?" She asked. "I'm half NightWing, remember? I don't need to sleep in the sun like you do," he finished. "So I'm just going for a walk."

"All right," Berry said. "Just make sure to come back later to rest." Marigold shared a look with Quartz. They wouldn't be back for a while. Berry let them go, all though she looked a little bit suspicious. The siblings pretended to stroll until they crossed the line of Berry's vision. They flew the rest of the way out of the rainforest.

They reached the border of the rainforest and flew into the sky. The sky was a pale blue with puffy white clouds. The siblings breathed in the fresh breeze happily. It was good to be out of the  musty rainforest. Quartz never felt too comfortable under the tall trees of the rainforest. It was very nerve racking whenever the wind started shaking the trees.

Marigold smiled calmly. "We are out of the rainforest," she smiled, relieved."Our journey has officially begun."

_________________________________________________________

This is a short chapter, but I really enjoyed writing it. I hope you loved reading this chapter! Vote on the chapter if you think their journey will succeed. 

Thanks 🙏🏻 

~Dragongirl~