Chapter 4

Lynx soared higher, trying to spot her half sister. Nova had gone out of IceWing territory while supposedly catching a polar bear. Her hybrid sister wasn't in IceWing territory. For a couple of hours already, she and some other scouts that she'd asked for had been flying in circles around the Ice Kingdom, trying to find her.

Lynx was sure that Nova wasn't in IceWing territory anymore. Her scent trail showed that she masked her scent, diving into a pond and her tracks were covered in a thick layer of snow. And in the few hours that everyone had been looking for her, she could be in any territory by now. 

The bright sun dazzled against the freezing icebergs as Lynx closed her eyes in despair. Nova couldn't have accidentally wandered out of the Ice Kingdom, she was better trained than that. 

So where had she gone? 

It wasn't any use searching the Ice Kingdom again, so she called the scouts back that she'd asked to help her. The handsome IceWing scout, Albino, arrived first. He was a fast flier, the fastest in the Ice Kingdom. He was hardly panting by the time he arrived. Albino cleared his throat. "Yes? What is it?" She snapped, getting increasingly worried about Nova. "Uhh, one of your scouts has gone missing too." Lynx spun around to face Albino. "What?!" She roared. "Who?" She growled. Albino seemed shocked by her anger. "B-Blizzard," he managed to stutter nervously. 

Lynx felt bad for snapping at him. It wasn't his fault that they had gone. She knew he wanted to be more than friends. She took a deep breath. "I'm sorry," Lynx muttered. She growled quietly to herself before stomping off. Why had Blizzard gone? It was none of his business that Nova went off, or was it? What if Nova were hurt? What if she didn't go off voluntarily? What if she were kidnapped? Or worse, what if Nova was gone already?

Lynx was snapped out of her thoughts when talon steps reached her side. Albino gazed gently at her. "You can't find them. You're worried about them. You wonder if they're still alive." He looked at her with such gentleness that she looked away, unable to meet his soft blue eyes. "Look at me," he murmured quietly. "It's okay, they know how to protect themselves, even if they got hurt." 

Nova's half sister sighed and headed back to the palace in defeat. She beat her wings in a rhythm, matching Albino's wingbeats. The silver IceWing stared at her, visible hurt in his eyes. She wanted to tell him she was sorry, to apologise to him for everything, but she couldn't bring herself to say that to him. Lynx wanted to have him as her mate badly, but she had to concentrate on finding Nova and Blizzard first. 

************************

She sat on her pile of blankets, staring out the frosted window. Two of the three moons were full, and they shone brightly in the dark sky. I wonder if Nova is safe. I wonder if she is okay. What if she was captured? Oh, please, not captured. I wonder where she is, and if she can see this beautiful night sky. Lynx sighed and curled up on her warm blankets, hoping she could find Nova soon.

The IceWing warrior didn't sleep soundly that night, worrying about her lost sister. She knew she wouldn't be able to sleep so she got up, and watched the stars glittering mysteriously next to the three moons. Two of the moons were full. I need to find her, she realised. I need to find out whether she is safe. I know I can't leave her by herself, wherever she is.

Lynx planned to sneak off when everyone was fast asleep. Now it was almost midnight, and the full moons were round and whole. Now, she thought. Lynx lifted off into the dark sky, crossing her talons that no one would see her leaving. Her wish was not granted, for as she dived to catch the current, a talon tapped on her shoulder. 

She looked back to see Albino staring at her quizzically. "Where are you going?" He asked. "Albino, please don't tell anyone where I am going," she pleaded. "We mustn't talk too much," he whispered. "I won't tell anyone, because I don't know you are going." Lynx breathed a sigh of relief. "Thank you, Albino." Daring herself to say it, she whispered bravely, "I love you." Albino smiled and hugged her, curling his tail around hers. Lynx wished it could last forever, but she had to go. She broke apart from the embrace and he smiled at her. "Bye," he whispered. "Please come back to me soon." She shared his look of happiness, and sorrow that she had to leave him. 

Lynx flicked her spiky tail at him and flew off quickly, occasionally glancing back. She watched him until he became a tiny dot in the distance. "I wish I could stay, but I can't," she whispered to the air.

_________________________________________________________

Thanks for reading this chapter! I hope you liked it!

I release a new chapter every 2 or 3 days, so keep a look out for new chapters! Anyway, please vote on the chapter if you like it!

✨Dragongirl✨