Chapter Six - Unpredictable

Chapter Six- Unpredictable

A Year Ago

"Damien, why are you hiding secrets from me" I said motioning to the photo album that I held in my hands.

The photo album was placed in his secret drawer that no one has seen into, well except for me. Inside were photos of people wearing crowns and inside giant palaces, he must have visited a Royal family or something. I held it out to him as he ran to catch it but failed.

"Tell me or I will do my worst" I threatened

"Ok it's just some photos, it's nothing" he assured me, but something was off.

"Promise" I said just to check if he was telling the truth.

"I can't tell you yet..." he mumbled.

Present Day

"Damien" I said shock dripping off every syllable.

He stepped out of the car and gave me an apologetic smile; he walked till he stood in front of me. To say I was annoyed was an understatement.

"I said I couldn't tell you yet" he said giving me a lopsided grin. " but now I can, sorry I was going to tell you before I left but I couldn't"

I just gaped at him without even blinking, maybe eye twitching but I don't think breathing was happening either. So he didn't go to University, he lied to me and now he thinks I will just be his friend again. Wrong.

But his wolf assured me he was a good man. Sera mumbled

"I am the Queens nephew" he said as though it was old news.

Yet again I'm gawking at him, how can he be so calm. Once I got over the shock and it settled in my mind, he had already dragged me to the edge of the forest. I pulled my arm from his grasp and cleared my throat, narrowed my eyes and got ready to give him an earful.

"Please don't be mad at me! I know I should have told you because we have been friends for two years, but I thought you wouldn't accept me. You see ages ago I had a best friend and he discovered my photo album on the desk, he opened it and bugged me for days on end. We had been best friends for eight years and I trusted him, so I told him." He paused and gave me a sad look, placing his hands by his sides and looking defeated. I relaxed and calmed down, letting him finish his story.

"At first I was excited I finally told him, I mean I've wanted to tell him for ages- you too. I let out all the excitement telling him me being part of the Royal family and everything else, I thought he would be happy..." he stopped and I saw the tears in his eyes, he sat down on the grass and took in a shaky breath.

I went and sat next to him rubbing my hand up and down his back soothingly; he looked at me and gave me a huge hug. He was only like this once before and that was when his pet fish died, he drowned it. Anyway I hugged him back as he put his head in my hair, which had fallen on my neck, and let out a sigh. He pulled back and stared at me for such a long time, I was afraid he was going to burst soon.

"It's okay keep going" I gave him an eager smile and squeezed his hand, hoping he would continue. Whoever did this was dead very, very dead.

"He-he...after I told him he changed, he stopped being my friend and started acting like some nosy business dealer. He wanted to know everything and in return he got all this fame and stuff, I didn't know what to do at first. After a while he did something unforgivable and I paid the price, instead of him paying for what he did."