Chapter Eleven - Rehearsal

Chapter Eleven

Present Day

"So do want to come in or are you just going to stand there?" I asked

"I don't want to intrude, plus you will be getting changed!" She said with a light blush

"Yeah but in my bathroom, just come in, look around"

Jessica nodded and slowly walked in, her hair falling over her shoulder as she walked in. She looked around in awe at the spaciousness of my room, it was twice the size of hers and she seemed to know it, as her mouth hung open.

"Wow! This is huge!" She smiled, "That's what she said!" she exclaimed jumping around and touching everything she could.

"Well you have fun while I go and get changed" I laughed as she nodded before dispersing in my room

I grabbed a shirt and shorts, some underwear and went straight into the bathroom, I cleaned myself up and finally left after a good twenty minutes. I walked out to see her jumping on the bed, she saw me and froze, her expression scared with worry.

"I am s-so so sorry, I just wanted to know how bouncy it was!" She said climbing off the bed and standing with her hands behind her back, head hung in shame.

"It's ok, I do it all the time!" She looked up with a shy smile

"Really?" Her eyes wide and glossy

"Yep, sure do!" I replied hugging her

She smiled brightly before letting me go and looking over at the bed, I just grabbed her hand and walked her out and decided now was the time to show her around properly. She followed me and we went through the whole house, the areas that she was allocated were strict but we managed to see every room without her getting caught so that was good.

"So why are you here, besides the Prince thing?" I asked her as we sat in the library.

The others were out training and Harley had to talk to some people about the wedding, we had eventually come back here as Jess was allocated this place and she loved the library.

"Well, I am not a good princess..." She trailed off drawing patterns on the desk.

"What do you mean?"

"My family only placed me in the competition because they wanted to get rid of me for as long as possible, and marrying me off was the perfect idea. I even live in a separate house which is in the middle of the lake, the bridge is beautiful and so is the view but I am about a mile away from them. They built it when I was five, I never liked dresses and I hate pink, every other girl was opposite to me."

"When I turned thirteen I was into action things and climbing trees, whilst all the girls were into make up and looking perfect. I refused to wear make up and attend lessons, instead I would go and play with my brothers and the worker boys..." She sighed before looking up at me with glossy eyes

"My sixteenth birthday was perfect, there were barely any girls but I didn't mind, I like one of the boys there and felt a strong urge to be with him. That night we were attacked, lots of people were slain, I was trained as I was with my brothers all the time, I helped to scare them off, but..." Her eyes turned downward

"There were so many bodies, everywhere! I then saw the boy I had the strong urge for and my heart broke somehow, we were good friends and that was when I realised that he was my Mate, I was born at midnight. When the clock struck twelve all I felt was pain, there was no smell, nothing but dead."

"A few nights later my sister came up to me and said that he would have rejected me, all because I was one of the guys, not the type of girl anyone would end up with. All the girls in my family are with their Mates or they are way too young to be apart of this challenge. My family are disappointed in me so they enrolled me and somehow I got in, they went for variety this time and I was the only girl like me to apply... So yeah"