Chapter Seven - Surprises

Chapter Seven- Surprises

Present Day

I got off Alpha Blake and stared at him with the most scared expression I could muster, though it wasn't very hard. He stood up giving me an expression of hope and something else, probably annoyance.

"Really jumping on me! From a tree!" he said in a childish manner, being playful not scolding.

"Bu-...y-you...m-me...lis-what?..." I stumbled over words, I wanted to say so much but little was coming out.

"I'm your protector, well assigned one for the time being." he said extending a hand to help me up.

I took it cautiously I mean he has always been like an uncle to me, since that little protection sentence I am still lost. He gave me a once over and seemed happy that I wasn't injured; he then stepped back and sighed, scowling at the sky.

"You weren't supposed to find out this way, maybe after you two met but not now" he looked at me and looked down at his feet.

"What is going on here..." I said my voice coming out confused, something I had expected.

"You can't know yet but I am your protector chosen by someone you kind of know. I can't say who but you can know why, they want you safe for when they find you. Plus I have to be with you constantly making sure you are out of harm's way." He said carefully.

"When will I meet them" Sera spoke through me and I rolled my eyes at her.

"Soon, soon " he chuckled. "Let's go back and you should probably have a look at that Mark" he gestured to my wrist.

I nodded and followed behind him, how did he see the Mark?

Well duh he has been keeping an eye on us.

Yeah but- wait you knew this whole time and you let me FREAK OUT!

I can't do everything. She huffed.

I let out a huff and continued with my trek home, I won't look at my wrist till I am alone again. We arrived later and a worried looking Angel came running towards me, hugging me to death.

"Hey Angel" I said casually, hoping she would let me go.

She didn't speak instead gave me an incredulous look and stood there, I went up the step, through the door, got two steps in then it hit me. I turned around and ran to her, scaring her in the process.

"ANGEL! WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE!" I screamed at her, how could I forget I left her at her house.

"Glad to see you noticed, I have information" she whispered the last part for me to hear only.

I nodded and went around introducing her to everyone but Damien, he was never around when she was. We walked around and I showed her the whole house leaving the library till last. We entered and she instantly took me to the table I was at before when I discovered my new found Mark, which I still want to look at but want to be by myself. She sat me down then did the same to herself pulling out some paper from a bag I didn't even see her wearing, she placed the papers down and spread them apart.

"Okay so here is a list of all the witches and wizards alive and there is info on all of them, all we need to do is find one that is suspicious" she said handing me a few papers with names listed all over a few.

"Wow there is more then I thought, I mean I was told not many were left. How did you get these"

"There are actually lots of them and my distant family, well one of them is a witch and she agreed if I went to her to see if I have the spark" she said spark sarcastically.