Chapter Fourteen - Love

Chapter Fourteen

The tears seemed to fall harder at her words and without thinking Jess let out a sob, it echoed throughout her body and caused me to hold her tighter. Her dishevelled appearance was shocking and completely distraught as she started collapsing to the ground, she had been so tired from being strong that the sudden onslaught of tears had her shaking.

"Jess calm down its alright! Tell me what's wrong so I can help!" I was so worried that I collapsed onto the floor with her.

"They want to replace her!" frozen in my place no way to respond came out.

"You can't replace her, we're here to be another person he falls in love with, not someone to replace what we can't. Only she can be in that special place in his heart but we are here to fill the void that only love can fill, no matter who it's from!" she cried out.

She soon was consumed by her tears and I held her tight until she fell asleep, when she did I managed to place her on her bed and tuck her in. Writing a note so she knew that I didn't leave her that was placed on her desk I softly left and shut her door. The other girls were gone but soon I was running to the kitchen, there I would make something to cheer her up and hopefully Harley would be there for me to tell him my plan of attack. Arriving to the pretty dead kitchen someone who was even better than Harley for this circumstance was sitting with a dreamy look and munching on something unseen.

He didn't even sense me and even as I stood in front of him nothing broke him from his dreamy state, shaking his shoulder he yelped and almost fell off the stool before blinking back surprise.

"Someone was day dreaming!" I laughed at his expression.

"I want to thank you for earlier..." he replied. "Jess was perfect for me and she had no clue who I was at first until I properly introduced myself, it was hilarious. Though I must ask how she is? I saw her later and she seemed pretty upset..."

The frown and sadness on his face had me containing my squeals of delight as he traced patterns on the counter, getting lost in his own world again and the concern had me resisting the urge to jump around.

"She just fell asleep crying in my arms." His head shot up.

The pain and confusion were prominent on his face as he suddenly stood, planning to go check on her I grabbed his arm and shook my head. No.

"We need to talk."

He nodded and let me speak, this was going to be hard but nothing I couldn't handle.

"The other girls are planning something together deliberately leaving Jess out of it, they also want to replace your Mate, completely.  Jess on the other hand believes that no one can replace her and instead you need to fall in love with another girl differently...I need you to keep an eye on her when I can't please, the other girls are pretty brutal?" 

"Of course and Jess is right. No one can replace my Mate but there is room for love to grow..."

Smiling at my handiwork I grabbed some light food for Jess and left Seth in his own thoughts, rushing back to the room Jess was just reading the note before I burst in tripping over again.

"Here."

"Thank you..."

Well love is definitely blooming here, Seth was being so dreamy and Jess was defending him and his Mate...ah love... Sera and I sighed dreamily.