Chapter Two - A New Home

Chapter Two- A New Home

Present Day

I had only been here once before so finding her house wasn’t going to be easy, I remembered the house and the colour but where it was I had no flipping idea.

We’re lost aren’t we…?  Sera said for the thousandth time.

No we’re not I know exactly where we are!  I shouted back at her knowing she would take offence.

I took in my surroundings and then looked back down at the address I had in my hand.

75 Hunter Street

 I turned in a few circles reading the address and looked at where we were at the same time, I stopped  letting out a loud sigh and a few onlookers stared before continuing with what they were doing, I saw a store filled with pretty much everything so I walked over there. I entered and saw so many beautiful things, they were all handmade or done differently to the shops. I saw an ornament that had all swirls going up, it was metallic and reflected every colour you could think of. The details were very delicate and it had strange markings all over it, the swirls looked like water flowing up but still had the effect of actually swirling. I stared at it for so long and considered buying it, when I heard someone clear their throat. I spun my head around to see a guy standing waiting on me to speak.

“Do you need any help…” he asked politely.

I took in the boys appearance he was tall with blonde hair, he was skinny but had a little muscle, his eyes were a piercing green but were kind as well, his stance emitted someone who knew what they were talking about. I noticed him staring at me also taking in my appearance, I was still wearing what I had the day I ran which was two or three days ago now. His eyes found mine again and I shook my head hoping he would leave me alone I really had to find Angels house before dark, he studied me then gave me a small smile before heading down the other side of the aisle. I watched him leave then took the ornament off the shelf and studied it closer but it was still the same, I looked around and on the shelf opposite me was a butterfly stand. It was tall with many different butterflies over it I grabbed that one to; I also saw a fish that held things on it, so like a hanger sort of thing. I picked that up and found the register to see none other than the boy from earlier.

“Is there anything else with that “ I stared at him for a second before looking down at the products I had bought there was nothing else for me to take at the moment, even with my suitcase I wouldn’t steal anything.

“No, this is all” I said back and smiling lightly hoping he would see I was telling the truth.

“Ok so that comes to…” he looked at the register then sighed looking back at me then the counter. “ $18.75” he seemed sad almost.