Chapter Thirteen - Deja Vu

Chapter Thirteen – Deja Vu

Present Day

Protector. A Prince's Protector. It seems so unreal to think that I am exactly what I didn't even know existed, something so important and to think I thought I wasn't worth anything before. Harley was playing with my fingers as I lost myself in thought, ever since Brayden explained everything and how Charlie was trying to get Alpha Blake to bring me to Harley for our kinds sake I had been spaced out, lost in thought, trying to process everything. It had been eight hours since and I hadn't slept a bit, I don't even think I've blinked either, the process of trying to fully understand what I was being practically forced into kept me blank but awake. Harley had stopped trying to talk to me a few hours ago, he settled for touching me in some way of comfort, whether it was for me or for him I don't know.

I could die. When this happens I will be protecting a Prince, a Royal blood. This is one of the highest honours I can receive but at the same time I am almost giving up everything I have, I'm still able to have pups and be with Harley but when Prince Charlie calls upon me I have to drop everything and be at his side. Harley would obviously try to protect me but what about our pups?

For goodness sake Kyra will you stop already?!

Stop...?

Yes, stop. Stop thinking so much and focus on the fact that you don't have that responsibility on your shoulders yet, you have many precious years with Harley and your future pups, savour it while you can.

But Sera...the responsibility will always be there...I can't escape the looming fact that I am going to be a major factor in the biggest war our kind will ever know!

Yes, it will but it is looming over everyone! Harley could lose us! Our parents too! We could lose them! Just because we are assigned to a particular part of this war doesn't mean we're the only ones suffering!

I took in a deep breath and then sighed it out, I seemed to always do something like that, think of only what I would be giving up. Focusing back to reality I watched as Harley played with my fingers, the crease of his brow and the slight hum he made. Smiling as I watched him everything felt perfect, the silence and the way Harley seemed so focused on making sure he played with my fingers correctly.

"Perfect..." it was a mumble but his head shot up faster than I can recall.

"You were starting to worry me"

Shoving my hand through his hair letting my fingers comb through the thickness that is his hair, playing with the ends that were slightly wavy. Resting my forehead on his my eyes closed as my ears trained onto his heat beat, each thump settling my mind further into serenity, filling up with nothing but Harley. His unique scent unable to describe in words, his breathing even and paced, the taste of his lips as it lingered from earlier, the way he felt against her and his hair in her hand. Thump. Thump. Thump.

"Kyra?"

Opening my eyes and moving my head away from Har's looking at the intruder, with a small frown on my face my eyes landed on said intruder and the frown faded.

"Sorry to disturb but we heard you needed to meet young Charlie..." the true Queen, Anastasia, walked in with her King and Prince.

There in her arms was the one she was to protect, inside Queen Anastasia's arms was the most powerful werewolf of all. She was quite a fast walker and it wouldn't be long until she would be face to face with the little tyke that was able to communicate with people through visions and dreams before he was even fully developed.