𝐕

┏━━━━°⌜ 𝘙𝘌𝘔𝘌𝘔𝘉𝘌𝘙 𝘔𝘌 ⌟°━━━━┓

              ┗━━━━°⌜𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘷 ⌟°━━━━┛

THE MYSTERIOUS girl stalked off when Kai had caught her staring. She moved away with deadly grace, her eyes no doubt dull and stoic. The girl's behavior made Kai wonder whether her facial expression ever changed. Whether a smile ever lustered her plump lips.

It wasn't likely.

The girl was as cold as they came.

But there was one thing Kai's mind couldn't stray from: why had the girl approached her?

She had moved up those steps and halted in front of her bed, and when Kai had looked up 67 didn't speak like she had expected her to.

If it was another player, maybe Kai would've ignored them. But, the girl was intriguing in a way. An inexplicable puzzle. Thankfully, Kai liked puzzles.

Even when they looked impossible to solve.

As she watched player 67 walk away Kai tilted her head slightly. She couldn't explain it to herself. She didn't even know the girl, but a part of her wanted to. Maybe it was because she hadn't met a person who intrigued her this much since... well, never. Maybe it was because she was in this unknown place with all these people.

No use making sense of it because Kai couldn't explain it.

Her thoughts about player 67 ceased when she snapped out of her daze and glanced around the area around her. She had almost forgotten she had been taken by a man in all red garments.

A silence took over the sprawling room as a door slid open, baffling Kai. And by the looks of it, everyone else in the room. The whole atmosphere shifted, the sea of bodies circling the entrance going rigid at someone's presence.

A man's voice echoed through the vast room, his voice deepened as it reverberated off the high walls and reached Kai's ears.

He spoke of the game, finally clearing things up to the eager players. They asked questions, the man with the deep voice answered.

Kai noted his answers were brief and disclosed little of the secret of where they were taken and how they got there. And did not once inform them of what kind of games they would be playing.

Kai's eyebrows were drawn together, her face indicating her confusion.

The mass of people started moving, lining themselves up in various rows. Kai perked, her face brightening. Something was happening down there. She decided to find out what, rising from the bed and starting her journey down the steps. The string of thread was wrapped around her finger now, like a ring of blue, probably unnoticeable to anyone who didn't know where to look.