𝐗𝐈𝐈

┏━━━━°⌜ 𝘙𝘌𝘔𝘌𝘔𝘉𝘌𝘙 𝘔𝘌 ⌟°━━━━┓

              ┗━━━━°⌜𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘹𝘪𝘪 ⌟°━━━━┛

KAI DIDN'T KNOW how much time had passed since she first laid on the bed, but it had to be an hour at least.

Sleep didn't usually take over fast, but now it was taking even longer, and as minutes passed she wondered if she would actually sleep tonight.

Her bed was the very bottom one, and from where she lay she could see the stacks of beds in front of her towering like high buildings, looking even higher in the dark. The golden glow of the piggybank was not so comforting now. If anything, it was the complete opposite of comforting for it cast the beds into shadows that she could swear started closing in on her.

Not to mention the people she knew were there. The people that could get a murderous thought any moment and decide to kill someone.

She didn't know why her mind thought of such things, but it wouldn't stop presenting various ways of how she could die. She didn't fear death that much, but thinking of gruesome murder would surely not help her sleep tonight.

Or what she thought was night. She had no way of knowing it actually was because there was no window in sight. Or an object that could indicate what time it was.

Closing her eyes again, Kai inhaled a deep breath, hoping her mind would decide to rest now that her eyes were closed. And even if it had, the shouting that ensued would definitely keep her up.

A woman's voice was yelling about how badly she needed to pee and Kai debated marching down to her and shutting her up. The woman started banging her fists on the door, and the sound was almost more irritating than her screechy voice. Almost.

Though the woman wasn't the only one that Kai blamed for this disturbance, but the men who refused to open the door. They refused and refused, until she threatened she would piss on the floor and the door must've opened because the voice was gone.

Kai was sure that everyone in the room had woken up by now, for she could hear shuffling sounds all around her. But, soon after the woman left it became deadly quiet all over again and she was left with only her thoughts.

Sleep was not on her mind now. What was is that she had gotten the worst bed possible. She preferred the ones above, not some bottom piece of shit from where she couldn't see anything. Not to mention she was at the very front, and not in the back the way she preferred it. She even had to put her pillow on the foot of the bed and lay on her stomach to see the piggybank, which quickly became her entertainment.

She found herself looking at it for some time. She wouldn't lie and say she wasn't curious about the woman who went to the bathroom, because she had sounded just like the woman who begged for the game to end on the first day.