𝐕𝐈

┏━━━━°⌜ 𝘙𝘌𝘔𝘌𝘔𝘉𝘌𝘙 𝘔𝘌 ⌟°━━━━┓

              ┗━━━━°⌜𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘷𝘪 ⌟°━━━━┛

THERE WAS a winding staircase looming before her.

Shades of pastel colors stained the walls, making the feel of the place hypnotic to Kai as she stepped further down the grey path. She tilted her head up to get a better view of the vast space, and almost got dizzy.

The whole staircase was enormous, twisting paths that made Kai wonder just where the steps would take her if she strayed from the line of players.

She had a sudden desire to do just that, but the presence of the masked man leading her line made her quell it. The masked men, though calm and collected, carried themselves with an authority that would make even the bravest of men stop and think.

So, Kai stayed marching along with the line, straight- backed and composed. Though, her facade cracked, just a bit, when she dared to step away from the group and look down the railing.

From where she stood now, she could see the stairs from another point of view, though one much prettier than from the bottom. The paths, previously empty were now filled with players in blue attire and an occasional red of a masked man leading them. She was so high up, and it dawned that if somehow she slipped down she would break her neck.

A hand wrapped around hers and pulled her away, not harshly, but not too gently either. Kai, not having another choice but to allow herself to be pulled away, gave in. She cast her eyes towards the person who had grabbed her and found a face concealed behind a mask.

The masked man said nothing, just pulled her along until he reached a line of moving players and guided her to go along with them.

Kai obeyed the mute order and continued walking with the line, scowling as she did so. She had wanted to wallow in the view a tad longer than a few seconds.

"Why did they bring me here if they're not gonna let admire the pretty stairs?" She muttered to herself.

"Aren't you here for money?" A man's voice questioned, having heard her words.

Kai looked back over her shoulder, eyes meeting ones from another player. She looked down at his tag which read: 456, "Yes, but I'm also here because I like games." She smiled, "Money and games, a perfect combination for me, really." Kai looked around the colorful space again, "And pretty rooms." She chuckled, "How long do you think this took to make?" She met the man's eyes again.

He shrugged, pursing his lips, "I imagine a long time."

"Yeah, I imagine it did." Kai nodded, agreeing with him, glancing from one shade to another.

Her adoration for the stairs faltered quickly, when she realized just how many of them there were.

Just when she thought the steps would come to an end, she rounded a corner and another landing bloomed before her. If Kai was an athletic person, she was sure, even then, that she would grow satiated by the never-ending stairs.