𝐗𝐈

┏━━━━°⌜ 𝘙𝘌𝘔𝘌𝘔𝘉𝘌𝘙 𝘔𝘌 ⌟°━━━━┓

              ┗━━━━°⌜𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘹𝘪 ⌟°━━━━┛

THE GAS spilled from the roof of the car seconds after the door slid shut. But, this time Sae-Byeok was ready.

She slumped down, concealing herself behind the passenger seat. If the guard sent a glance back, it would be impossible for him to catch a glimpse of her. And as she brought the collar of her jacket over her nose, she made it her mission not to inhale the the knockout gas.

She just hoped the gas wouldn't be able to infiltrate the shield she brought up over the lower half of her face. If it did then her mission would fail, and she would be left without the weapon she planned to smuggle in - a knife she carried almost wherever she went.

The small blade, it's presence heavy in her pocket, gave her a sense of comfort. She knew her way with a knife and knowing she would be able to defend herself if danger arose made it easier to relax.

The gas swiveled around her, like a thick morning fog, making it hard for her to distinguish her surroundings. She didn't need to see anything anyway. Closing her eyes, she feigned falling into unconsciousness the best she could. Though, the guard didn't even bother to look back at her, convinced entirely nobody would try to stay awake.

Sae-Byeok kept her breathing slow, taking only enough inhales to keep herself from struggling. And when the gas visibly dissipated, and she was sure it would do no harm she carefully opened them again.

Light was almost completely absent in the space of the vehicle, the darkness interrupted only by the occasional street light that flashed through the windows as they passed it.

The streets they rode down were unfamiliar to Sae-Byeok, though that wasn't that odd considering she had only been in one part of the city. But, these streets the man in red opted for were left in almost abandon: the area dark and empty; buildings shabby and run-down.

When she gave it a little thought, Sae-Byeok realized that these vacated areas where the only way the men would be able to get so many people to the secret destination undetected.

If they just drove through the middle of Seoul, a cop could pull them over at any time. And what would happen if they got caught with a van full of unconscious people inside?

When she imagined the scenario, Sae-Byeok realized it was bit funny. A man in a red jumpsuit with a mask obscuring his face, driving people who looked almost dead in the backseat. It all sounded like a joke.

The vehicle came to a stop after a while, and Sae-Byeok's hand darted to the knife in her pocket instinctively. She narrowed her eyes until they were almost closed completely, to give the impression that she was unconscious like the rest of them. But, she kept them open just enough to see what was happening.