𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈

┏━━━━°⌜ 𝘙𝘌𝘔𝘌𝘔𝘉𝘌𝘙 𝘔𝘌 ⌟°━━━━┓

              ┗━━━━°⌜𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘷𝘪𝘪𝘪 ⌟°━━━━┛

A SILENCE had ensued in the bunk-room. A kind of downcast quiet that had rolled over the crowd like an unforeseen thunderstorm and left them sullen-faced.

The loss of the fallen players was evident in the remaining mass of them. Although there was still a large amount of people present, the reality of the situation and the dead players had taken toll.

The people stayed still and silent, as if making even the slightest move or sound would send them to their deaths.

Regardless of the baleful masked men, Kai didn't know how they could stay so still for so long. At this point, she was sure she was the only one moving around.

After she had left 67, boredom quickly came and she was left wandering around the room in hopes of finding something to interest herself in.

She found no such thing.

The only thing she had to quell the tedium was the blue piece of thread. She had untied it from her finger and started twisting it around as she walked, avoiding the players in her way with ease.

The room was big. The beds stacked high like walls of a maze. Kai gladly explored it all, stepping around other players sitting on the steps and counting the many rows of bunk-beds.

The more she walked the same route around, Kai realized that the room felt smaller somehow. Maybe now that the space didn't feel foreign, it felt dull.

The room was dull anyway. No inch of it was adorned with a decoration of any kind. So different from the stairs and the game venue.

It seemed the maker's creativity had run out. Or they simply had an ulterior reason for making the room this way.

Soon, Kai realized that exploring the room wouldn't make the time pass by faster. The monotony of it all sent her creeping up on one of the beds, to the uppermost bunk. The mattress sank under her weight as she sat down on it, though the metal underneath didn't creak as she had expected it would. From this spot, she could see everyone and that made her feel almost relived. Most bottom-bunks were occupied, and the other players had opted to sit on the stairs instead of climbing up.

Letting herself take a deep breath, Kai scanned the room. Though the act might've passed as nonchalant and merely done out of boredom, her intentions were to find one person in particular. In the mass of blue 67 was hard to spot, but Kai looked over every face until she found hers.

The girl was sitting slumped in the corner where Kai had last seen her. Her eyes cast downwards, and her arms hugged around her knees. Her face gave little away, her hard exterior hard to crack through, though her posture and demeanor suggested just how much, she too, had been affected by the slaughter.