Hidden in the Sand - (Alef x Reader)

Requested by CrackySkykidVA you were the only one who voted on the poll ^^

Art is by aura-moragenstern on Tumblr! 

I put a bit of a poll in my conversation a few months back. Just a reminder that this is the Sky Prince, Alef, not the Little Prince or anything, lol. The Prince or King from Sky is a popular interest to some for lore, since those two characters are barely mentioned in the game. So I had the idea to make a one shot with Alef, as I don't see him much in these kinds of books. I feel like the prince deserves more love here :)

You can listen to Hidden in the Sand while reading! This song gave me the idea to write it. I love Tally Hall dude.

Key things:

(Y/N) is your name.

This is before the era of Sky kids came into view. The lands at the time were walked upon the spirits we seen in the game. Some light creatures too will appear. 

The elders still rule in their respective realms, but the Prince/King has higher authority over them. I suppose he also rules the realms along with the elders.

The elders teach Alef to become king. 

Eden is not how it looks like in the game. Rather, it's livable and spirits and creatures live happily there. 

In this, Alef and Resh are the same person. Alef just changed his name once the darkness began to corrupt him and became power hungry.

Enjoy!

~~~~~~

The weight of expectations and stress of becoming a ruler was hard on the young prince. 

Alef wished he could just be a normal child like other kids. They didn't have big roles or expectations like him. They didn't have to worry about failing thousands of people. They'd act like, well, like kids. They would spend their days playing and being educated in their schoolhouses.

Not like Alef, who spent his days stuck behind the palace walls of Eden and listening to the boring tangents of his mentors.

Why was he chosen to become prince? Alef always wondered what was special about him. Megabird had created him for this sole purpose. Being king and giving prosperity to the people and the lands.

How he wanted the freedom that children had. He hated being confined inside the palace and not have any fun. He wanted to make the elders proud of him, but it's not like he asked to have this high position.

Today, however, will be a good day. It wasn't like those other weeks where it was filled with studying and tedious activities. His teachers have allowed him to take a trip to the Sanctuary Islands. This excited Alef, as he has not seen the caretaker of the islands in a long while. Lady Sanctuary was so sweet.

Once he landed there with his manta ride, the people who had came to visit the resort immediately flocked towards him, showering Alef with enthusiastic greetings and compliments. This startled the prince. Alef never really liked the crowd, the screaming and excitement was all too overwhelming. To his relief, Lady Sanctuary had arrived and ordered everyone to give Alef space. The crowd all let collective disappointed groans and awes but they obeyed her. The people dispersed and left the two alone, the prince thanking his rescuer. 

Lady Sanctuary gave him a warm welcome and told him to explore the islands as much as he pleases. Nodding, Alef lifted his hood above his head just to make sure no other citizens notice him.