Pen pals (Peeking Postman x Reader)

Requested by @Egg_Y0lks

You live in the Sanctuary Islands and you come to visit your pen pal from the north, the skater girl! While on your trip, also get to meet a certain rabbit postman...

Key things:

(Y/N) is your name.

The skater girl's name will be Yume which is Japanese for 'Dreams'.

I see the Peeking Postman as non-binary, so I will use they/them pronouns.

~~~~~~

"Mail for Yume Dreams!'

Peek waved the flimsy piece of important paper in their hand as they struggled to run on the large snowy bank. They had finally made it on the platform of the loading dock, panting. "Phew, here..." They tiredly gave the letter to the young girl. Yume smiled brightly and took it from Peek's fingers. "Thanks Peek! You didn't have to run all the way over here." She laughed a little. Yume carefully folded out the letter and her eyes darted with each word she read.

"Is that from your pen pal from the Sanctuary Islands? What did it say this time?" Peek asked and sat beside Yume. Yume nodded and put the letter neatly on her lap. "(Y/N)'s going to visit tomorrow! I'm so excited to see them again!" She said ecstatically, her eyes sparkling in delight. "And (Y/N) also can't wait to meet you too!" She added to Peek.

The postman felt themselves blush. "You mentioned me in your letters?" They asked, flattered and kicking their legs. Yume scoffed playfully. "Duh! Of course, why wouldn't I? Imagine, just two of my best friends meeting each other and becoming best friends in the process! Our bond will grow even stronger!" Yume fantasied.

"Yume! You're choking me-"

"Huh-"

The skater had unknowingly pulled Peek into a strong side hug around their neck. The poor postman hacked and wheeze, trying to get some air into their lungs. "Oh Bird! Sorry!"

"I am so sorry Peek! I'm so, so sorry!"

"It's ok! Cough! You were just excited is all..."

~~~~~~

"Okay. You have everything packed?"

You rolled your eyes at Lady Sanctuary. "Yes, mom. Try not to worry so much, I have it all here!" 

"It's my job to worry (Y/N)! As your guardian I need to make sure your trip is safe with the resources you need!" Lady Sanctuary said, looking back to her list. "Maybe you need extra blankets? The valley is freezing! Or some more hot water-Oh!" She stopped listing midway and looked down to see you hugging her. "I'll be fine. Everything is all set and I'm sure this ride is ninety-nine percent safe." The Talented Builder waved from a little ways off, a boat ready to take flight. You couldn't wait to meet your pen pal! And also experience winter, the Sanctuary Islands have never been through such weather. 

"Alright," Your caretaker bent down and took hold of your shoulders. "just promise me you'll behave while you're there. And most importantly, have fun." You smiled and kissed her cheek. "I will!" You and Lady Sanctuary walked over to the boat and made the last few checks.  

"What should you do while you're on your trip?"

You began to recite the set of rules that were given to you. "Do whatever Ms Dreams says, respect those around you, and don't try to tame any of the wild mantas there." Lady Sanctuary ruffled your hair and help you boarded the boat. 

"Ready to take off!" Talented Builder called out. The boat started to slowly lift in the air. "Have fun dear! Safe travels!" Lady Sanctuary called out. You waved goodbye to her as the boat picked up momentum, becoming farther away.