Encouragement (Performance QG x Reader)

Requested by --Bread--

Hey, would you look at that? I found my motivation! And I intend to keep it for some time. School has already started for me, but I will attempt to manage my studies whilst also making stories for y'all.

You are a new member to Master Performance's troupe, and you are asked to do a singing audition in front of the leader himself. But unfortunately, it doesn't goes as planned.

Key things:

(Y/N) is your name.

Enjoy!

~~~~~~

"(Y/N)! You're up!"

You exhaled a deep breath and shook out your shoulders the moment you were called on stage. "You can do this, too late to back out now..." Eyes forward, you saw one spot illuminated by the stage light specifically for you. You gulped down the big lump forming in your throat and timidly walked on stage. As you went under the light, you could see Performance sitting in one of the wooden seats. He looked at you with kind and observing eyes and politely told you to start at any time. Uncertainty washed through you. Should you be here? Do you have a voice that's good enough for the group? What if they don't accept you?

"(Y/N)...!" Someone whispered yelled. You turned your head to see the other members of the toupe giving you a thumbs up. "You can do it...!" A small smile sneaked its way to your lips and felt the nervous jitters diminish a little. You returned your gaze back at Performance who was staring patiently at the stage. "Ready to start?" He asked. You curtly nodded.

Mellow began to play his guitar from another place of the stage, and you felt slightly startled. Your hands trembled and shook at your sides. "Okay, um.." You opened your mouth to sing...but no words came out. A tiny, pathetic squeak was the only thing heard. You stammered and mumbled, trying to regain your composure and find the lyrics. This was not the way you thought it would start. You winced at Performance. "It's alright, no worries." Performance reassured, taking note of your struggle.

You cleared your throat and stuttered out a shaky 'okay'. You again attempted to sing, but just like the first time, nothing came. The lyrics stuck in your throat. It just seemed as though the words were too scared to come out. Everything around you slowed but you. You started to hyperventilate and your eyes darted around frantically. The air felt heavy and the walls closed around you from all sides. You felt a tremor all over your body like an earthquake. "(Y/N)? Are you okay? Do you want to restart?" Performance's voice sounded so far away and the only thing that reached your ears was your panicked breathing and the rapid beating of your heart.

It was so hard to breathe. So claustrophobic. You had to get out of here.

Your focus was back on Performance. He looked concerned. "Are you-" "I have to go." You interrupted and jumped off stage. You hugged yourself ran high tailed away from that place, embarrassment flooding all over your body.

"(Y/N)! Come back!" Modest called out for you. But you didn't slow your sprint and disappeared in a corner of building, surprising a few spirits. Performance stood up his seat and instantly started his search for you.

Within the village, Performance checked each corner, asked other spirits where you were, and called out your name. He thought of places where you may likely be in. But you were nowhere to be found. "Maybe not in the village..." He snapped his fingers in confirmation. "Hermit Valley!" He went straight to the nearest station and payed one of the conductors a ride up the mountains. Once there, he spotted the Bearhug Hermit carrying several pieces of firewood. "Herm!" Performance yelled for his attention. The yeti like man stopped what he was doing and grinned at the sight of Performance. He walked through the thick snow with ease and wrapped his giant arms around the troupe leader. "Penguin boy!" He said joyfully and hugged him harder. Performance wheezed, feeling his bones being crushed into tiny bits and the air stolen from him.