Ticket for one? (Respectful Pianist x Reader)

Requested by shortynamedcoco

Duck boi, my favorite spirit out of the troupe. Tickets to see the famous Rhythm Troupe are all sold out, and (Y/N) sadly cannot attend their performance. That was until they heard someone's delightful piano playing...

You may play the piano cover when you get to the part where you hear Respectful playing piano. And since he has the winter piano, just imagine it's an octave higher.

Key things:

(Y/N) is your name.

Enjoy!

~~~~~~

"Sorry folks, tickets are all sold out."

You stood there, shocked, the little bag of money you were going to pay for a ticket shook in your hands. The people behind you groaned in disappointment and started to leave. You on the other hand, would not give up so easily. You had saved up the money to see the Rhythm Troupe for months and this was the only time you could watch. And now they were all out?

You looked at the person who was working the ticket booth with pleading eyes. "Please. Don't you have more? I will you pay you anything. Please, check again?"

The worker shook their head. "I'm sorry, but there's no more. Tickets for these kind of shows sell out like hot cakes. Maybe another time." They closed the booth, leaving you in an empty street and full of utter dismay. You lowered your head down and walked away from the booth, tears welling up in your eyes.

You had waited for so long for this moment. To see all of the troupe do their amazing acts. Festive Spin Dancer dancing to his heart's content, Admiring Actor flattering the crowd with his charms, Respectful Pianist and his fingers gliding on the keys of his piano flawlessly...only for it to disappear right in front of you. You didn't know whether there will be a next time. Maybe never.

Wiling yourself to go forward, you pushed your disappointment. 'I suppose that's it...'

The faint sound of hitting piano keys perked your attention. You strained to hear more of it and followed the sound. The music was growing louder as you neared to the causation. You turn around the corner, and there you saw Respectful Pianist playing on his famous winter piano. You gasped. The Respectful Pianist! You heard him hit the piano keys again and created a familiar tune. You knew this song. Your friends kept singing it to no end, and they had been so lucky to participate it one of the troupe's show to hear it. Was this the song he was going to preform?

As he played, you swayed along with the music. He was so talented at it, the piano was really made for him. It was even better listening to him in person than what other people say! Truly an artist of music. You couldn't help but mutter the lyrics from the song he was playing. Your breaths came out in little white puffs when you sang, the cold suppressing the heat from your body. The Valley was chilly after all. You kept on singing quietly to the pianist's playing. He even smiled at one point.

The song ended with the final verse being played on white and black keys in a satisfying way. Respectful sighed and stood up with his piano under his arm. He looked around his surroundings and shook his head, laughing slightly. "Alright, whoever had that astonishing voice, I'd like to meet you!"

You clasped your hands on your mouth, hyperventilating. Your cheeks turning even redder, and not from the cold this time. Oh Bird, he actually heard you singing?! Were you too loud?! You hit your head with your palm repeatedly and whispering, "Stupid, stupid, stupid...!" Never have you wanted to die at that moment.

Well you've been caught in the act, what can you do? With a deep breath, you slowly got out of your hiding place and revealed yourself to the pianist. His eyes brightened up and strolled over to you. A little noise of a muffled squeal escaped your lips.

"So you were the one singing the lyrics! I like your voice, dear. What's your name?" He put out a hand for you to shake. You bashfully took it. "(Y-Y/N). Thank y-you." You stuttered out.

"Nice to meet you! And I'm sure you already know me-" "You're Sir Respectful! Pianist of the Rhythm Troupe! I am a big fan of your pieces!" You blurted out, interrupting him. He looked at you with surprised eyes but gave you a warm smile.

"Guess you do know about me," He joked. "And thank you for liking my renditions." He bowed to you , winking slightly. You giggled a little.

"Caught me practicing the song I'm going to be playing for our next performance. Are you coming to our show?" The question saddened you, remembering that you couldn't buy a ticket in time. You sighed. "No...I'm not coming..."

Respectful tilted his head a little. "Why not?"

"All the tickets are sold out. I had no time anymore..." You replied sadly. Awkward silence passed between you two. Respectful felt bad for you that you could not come. That simply wouldn't do. You seem like a very sweet person. An idea popped up in his head and he rummaged in the pockets of his pants.

You noticed this. "What are you doing?"

Respectful grunted and finally took out something from his pocket.

What lays in his hands was a golden ticket with the Rhythm snowflake insignia on both sides. It was a bit crinkled, but still in good shape.

You couldn't believe your eyes. "Is that...?"

"Mhm!" Respectful hummed in confirmation. "I'm giving you it because you must come to our show tomorrow night! You must! I would love to see you again, my dear." He took in both your hands, placed the golden ticket in your palms and closed them.

Your heartbeat accelerated. You quickly tried to get the money for the ticket to pay him, but he stopped you. "No payment is needed! This ticket for one is all free."

At that moment, you could have just kissed him. You jumped onto the pianist, squealing joyfully. "Thank you, thank you, thank you!" Respectful laughed and patted you on the back.

You got off of him, embarrassed and twirled a lock of your hair. "Thank you..." You giggled out.

Respectful's eyes soften and a hue of red appeared on his face. He was glad that his duck mask covered it. 'So cute...' He thought, a fuzzy feeling warming his heart at each second he stared at you.

He cleared his throat. "Well, I must get going. The troupe will leave without me if I'm late. The last time I was tardy, it was a big mess. Rhythm almost pecked my ear off."

You chuckled at his little story. "Alright. I guess I'll see you at the show?" Respectful walked a little closer to you, the beak of his mask almost touching your nose. You blushed at the close contact. He grinned. "At the show, my dear." He gave a "kiss" to your forehead and began to walk away.

You dazedly waved at him, still trying to process of what happened. You pressed the golden ticket to your chest, smiling like crazy. The flakes of snow showered on you and you couldn't care about the cold.

All that rested on your mind was a certain duck who stole your heart.

~~~~~~

My snowman and me~ Man I love that song. Hope all all of you enjoyed today's chapter!

(1262 words)